Posted 13 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

Me4Bass wrote:
Ahh that felt better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcaprO...re=related

:D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
My point in this originally was to mark the day, that a great deal of people, schmucks like the rest of us died through no fault of thier own,
The quest for oil and money is not just a "bush cheney" thing, Oil money greases both sides of the aisle in the political spectrum. corruption knows no party more than the other.

Special interests of all kinds run things here as they do everywhere, and it isnt anything new either.
I figure most of life is havig your elbows on the table, might as well enjoy the ride because when one entity gets done screwing you another will take its place, your only hope is it stops when you take the big dirt nap. hopefuly.........
80 kramer dmz5000- present
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
Ashdown APM 1000 power amp
ADA MB1
Line6 Basspodxt with shortboard
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

taz154b wrote:
My point in this originally was to mark the day, that a great deal of people, schmucks like the rest of us died through no fault of thier own,
The quest for oil and money is not just a "bush cheney" thing, Oil money greases both sides of the aisle in the political spectrum. corruption knows no party more than the other.

Special interests of all kinds run things here as they do everywhere, and it isnt anything new either.
I figure most of life is havig your elbows on the table, might as well enjoy the ride because when one entity gets done screwing you another will take its place, your only hope is it stops when you take the big dirt nap. hopefuly.........

Can't argue with that.....
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
D
DrDAV
Posted 13 years ago
Taz,
I appreciate your sentiment, I too hang my head in in reverence for those who died and the family and friends who are left to live in there absence.
MOO, I think your statement stinks.
Nobody smacked America in the face. They killed a couple thousand people who are trying to make a living.
They stole fathers and mothers from children, sisters and brothers from families. And rescue workers who were selfless and dedicated.
Don't use some blanket statement and then back pedal about "those" rich people.
Everyone knows the ones in control of wealth do it everyday and in every country of the world, its the way they preserve there fortunes.
I don't care were you live or what flag you fly, I have compssion for those who have payed the price for little reason of there own.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Well, it does stink that those innocent people were sacrificed behind the veil of a religious / political cause, I don't think Moo was downgrading that fact in any way from what I read.
Let's be real about this, there has since and prior to this event been many more innocent civilians in Iraq and other countries who have also paid the ultimate price in the name of "democracy"! Check the stats, it will tone down your pride significantly as it has already mine. War=money, point and fact.The powers that be use the common man as pawns, its all a matter of whether you are in their way or not.

How do you think the average citizen of Iraq or Afghanistan feels about being caught in the middle of all this s**t? They don't share the same Islamacism mentality of the ones the hate and violence should have and could have been directed towards.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

DrDAV wrote:
Taz,
I appreciate your sentiment, I too hang my head in in reverence for those who died and the family and friends who are left to live in there absence.
MOO, I think your statement stinks.
Nobody smacked America in the face. They killed a couple thousand people who are trying to make a living.
They stole fathers and mothers from children, sisters and brothers from families. And rescue workers who were selfless and dedicated.
Don't use some blanket statement and then back pedal about "those" rich people.
Everyone knows the ones in control of wealth do it everyday and in every country of the world, its the way they preserve there fortunes.
I don't care were you live or what flag you fly, I have compssion for those who have payed the price for little reason of there own.

DrDAV

In some ways we're saying the same thing if you read what I've written properly.

There is a famous quote....' The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing.'

We are sitting on our fat arses doing NOTHING about these problems. America DID get a slap in the face because the people of America are the worst on the planet for 'consuming' the things that cause these issues. I never once said anything about any other country as most of them are not far behind. But America is still way ahead. The 'good' people could sort all these things out if they wanted to but life is easier if they don't.

You think I'm sitting here pointing the finger at America from some moral high ground. I'm not, I'm simply translating fact into reality. If the fat people of America didn't keep buying the crap food they do and passing the fruit and veg that is locally produced by smaller farmers it would stop so many issues right the way up the line BUT, they don't. If people got together and stopped paying their credit cards that have put their interest rates up to 30%APR (when they are borrowing from the central banks at 0.6%) they would have to change their ways, but they don't.

America got a slap in the face (as did Spain, India, The UK etc.). Sadly the slap in the face didn't come from a credible organisation and so rather than waking people up it just made them angry at the wrong people. There's a very good reason why Osama wasn't killed for 10 years. How the hell would Bush (and his friends) have been able to get their hands on the oil if the stupid American people weren't still chanting for Osama's 'head'. I'm not going to go as far as to say they were working together BUT they certainly weren't working 'apart'!

America isn't a great country. It's a bunch of individuals who are programmed to 'feed the machine'. It's the same everywhere BUT it's the only thing America IS No. 1 at.

As I said in an early post, I feel terrible for the innocent people that died BUT the rest of you haven't done anything about the cause of what happened! All you've done is finally shoot an old bloke with a beard (while killing a few more thousand innocent American men and women). In the process, all the people that made these decisions have made $billions from it.

It works perfectly for the likes of Bush etc. that the American people 'come together' to support his illegal wars for the sole purpose of making himself and his mates $billions. Rather than spending $500,000,000 A DAY in an illegal war, we could have killed Bin Laden in a few months using the Navy Seals and the SBS (the 2 teams that were finally allowed to get him).

You proud of being American now? That's your country!! You're basically waving the flag of the people who killed all those 9/11 victims (and the thousands of service men and women since)!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Edited by moo on 12-09-2011 21:14, 13 years ago
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
Great way to not inflame the situation.
What a burden it must be to be the enlightened one. Given sight to the blind or cured some lame people lately? I do not know where your hatred of America and Americans came from, but to put it bluntly, you don’t know crap about Americans.
We all don’t sit around eating McDonalds, driving big gas guzzling cars and consuming material things to excess. By the way Moo, how many basses do you have?
You seem to have a fixation on Bush, I am guessing you believe that all that is wrong including little green apples is Bush’s fault?

Bill Clinton made it possible for some Americans to have what he called the American dream by loosening regulations of the banking industry. This allow people to run up enormous amounts of credit, buy big houses with mortgages with variable apr that they wouldn’t be able to afford when the rate went up. The government gladly took tax monies from the inflated property rates and committed to spending gigantic amounts of money for social programs. A majority of it to support the wave of illegal aliens flooding in over the border from Mexico. You see, unlike Guatemala we don’t shoot people coming over our borders illegally, yes we are horrible people here.
When the real estate bubble burst, the house of cards all came tumbling down and our current president decided that the best way out was to give big wads of money to the people who caused this. Not only that but to put those people in positions to make sure it didn’t happen again, by the way he is a democrat, so there is plenty of blame to go around in all of this.

We can’t refuse to pay out bills, credit card or otherwise, they tend to take everything you have to pay off your debts if you don’t do that. If you haven’t noticed we are in the midst of a recession here.

On that note, did you happen to notice that when America’s economy tanked and we stopped “consuming’ the rest of the worlds economy tanked too? Everyone works for the machine.
Personally, I get up every morning, leave my modest bungalow circa 1929, get in my little Korean car , drop my wife of at her job ( we have 1 car) and commute from Milwaukee to Franksville. There is no public transport I can take to my job. My house is paid for by the sweat of my brow. I do not carry balances on my credit card for long usually only to the end of the month.

I have numerous medical issues, mostly hereditary that would put most people down for the count but I get my ass up and go to work full time in a physically demanding job sometimes and most recently this summer for 50 hours per week.

If you knew anything about Americans you would know we are the first ones to send help to a disaster, the first ones to open our wallets for charities and helping those in need..
If you don’t know the basic good heart and generosity of Americans then you don’t know crap.
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
ADA MB1
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Blimey taz, change the names of people and places and you could have been talking about Britain. As moo says other countries are not far behind.
D
DrDAV
Posted 13 years ago
Taz,
Again you speak with knowledge and insight.
Moo, you seem to speak as if you have some knowledge of America. Have you ever lived here?Voted here? Payed taxes here?
If not, then your opinion is uneducated and fueled by controversy and speculation, it carries no value, just rhetoric.
Bassbus, I agree with you, we may be headed down the same path, I hope we can elect some officials that are truly selfless in there nature, and we may be able to change that outcome.
ANDRE......sorry for this bickering, I will bite my tongue on such examples in the future, and read for content more on the musical level, I enjoy the sight.
Taz, I'd love to meet up sometime, Greenbay is my team and you seem to be in in the epicenter of Packer country. A trip may be called for.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Look people, here everybody is saying, to some extent, some truths that is hard to argue with, but it's somehow easy based on your on experience and views to find the reasons why worldwide we are in this crap.

Why don't we try to change the game a bit? Instead of bashing each other on why we are in this situation why don't we try to suggest the way of coming out of it? Let's make the discussion constructive while keeping the tone moderate. I know this is not the Congress :) but maybe there will be nice ideas that would just enrich your way of seeing things.

We'll be back after the commercials: "hey did you know Enzo has a bass for sale?" :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
Well in that case i best put the kettle on !
Has anyone got any Rizla+ ,cheers:P
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

taz154b wrote:
Great way to not inflame the situation.
What a burden it must be to be the enlightened one. Given sight to the blind or cured some lame people lately? I do not know where your hatred of America and Americans came from, but to put it bluntly, you don’t know crap about Americans.
We all don’t sit around eating McDonalds, driving big gas guzzling cars and consuming material things to excess. By the way Moo, how many basses do you have?
You seem to have a fixation on Bush, I am guessing you believe that all that is wrong including little green apples is Bush’s fault?

Bill Clinton made it possible for some Americans to have what he called the American dream by loosening regulations of the banking industry. This allow people to run up enormous amounts of credit, buy big houses with mortgages with variable apr that they wouldn’t be able to afford when the rate went up. The government gladly took tax monies from the inflated property rates and committed to spending gigantic amounts of money for social programs. A majority of it to support the wave of illegal aliens flooding in over the border from Mexico. You see, unlike Guatemala we don’t shoot people coming over our borders illegally, yes we are horrible people here.
When the real estate bubble burst, the house of cards all came tumbling down and our current president decided that the best way out was to give big wads of money to the people who caused this. Not only that but to put those people in positions to make sure it didn’t happen again, by the way he is a democrat, so there is plenty of blame to go around in all of this.

We can’t refuse to pay out bills, credit card or otherwise, they tend to take everything you have to pay off your debts if you don’t do that. If you haven’t noticed we are in the midst of a recession here.

On that note, did you happen to notice that when America’s economy tanked and we stopped “consuming’ the rest of the worlds economy tanked too? Everyone works for the machine.
Personally, I get up every morning, leave my modest bungalow circa 1929, get in my little Korean car , drop my wife of at her job ( we have 1 car) and commute from Milwaukee to Franksville. There is no public transport I can take to my job. My house is paid for by the sweat of my brow. I do not carry balances on my credit card for long usually only to the end of the month.

I have numerous medical issues, mostly hereditary that would put most people down for the count but I get my ass up and go to work full time in a physically demanding job sometimes and most recently this summer for 50 hours per week.

If you knew anything about Americans you would know we are the first ones to send help to a disaster, the first ones to open our wallets for charities and helping those in need..
If you don’t know the basic good heart and generosity of Americans then you don’t know crap.

Geez where to start!

Enlightened??? I just see the world for what it is and people for who they are. Your comments on that are a bit pathetic.

I do know a crap about America. Spent plenty of time there thank you. "We don't all sit around... Blah blah blah. Of course YOU don't but enough of you do to create the environment you live in. I have driven down roads where it's just one crap fast food outlet after another... For miles and miles. Millions and millions of you DO get into you fat cars and drive to these places and eat to excess. Get real!

If you compare having a bass collection (some as old as 29 years) to consuming material things to excess then you are stupid. Very stupid. There is a huge difference. If you can't figure it out then I'm amazed you're able to hit the right keys on a computer keyboard! I paid cash for all my basses. I didn't borrow money for them. The government hasn't massively subsidised the production of these basses. I don't use them once and throw them away in order to buy a slightly newer one. They don't make me fat which puts a strain on every part of the economy... etc. I shouldn't need to go on!

Fixation on Bush? Well we were talking about things that are recent and Bush has been in charge for the majority of this time and he has been instrumental in leading your country into the position it's in now.

Clinton?? If you want to give me a lesson in history you have to back way before Clinton. Bush Snr started the issues with the Taliban (well he gave them lots of weapons to capture Afghanistan from the Russians so he and his oil buddies could make $billions). Regan had the same financial advisers as Bush and Clinton... Basically ex heads of the greediest companies out there (Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers etc.). Go way back and study 'Prohibition' to find out what your upstanding leaders are capable of.

'We can't refuse to pay our bills etc. We're in the middle of a recession!' hahahaha Exactly, you let them win and take control and you will have a recession every time the central banks want to make more money. Where do you think the government borrows money from to fight a war... The PRIVATELY owned central banks (your Federal Reserve). They love wars and have 'encouraged' them for many many years. You need to learn about the world economy. Learn about how the central banking systems work. Frightening!

Your next 3 paragraphs sum up who YOU are. You come across as a decent hard working person. I salute you. You are NOT America. The good people of America (and I know many) are NOT America. The people of a country do not define that country any more. It is defined by the actions of a few people at the top. America and all other countries are the same with this. This is NOT how it should be. The good people need to take charge!!

I too have illness and I got ill while getting shot at for this piece of shit country that I live in. I realise that I wasn't fighting for the people. I was fighting for a few greedy wankers at the top. Which makes me very angry!

You have to stop judging your country on the good people you know because they are a minority and they have no power... They SHOULD have power, but they don't. If the world was run by good people then we wouldn't be in this shitty position but it's run by egos and greed and selfishness and stupidity.

The good people need to start fighting and take control because you (in America) are not being represented.

There are pages and pages that could be written. I apologise for upsetting you. I have nothing but love for good people and there are plenty in every country in the world. However we are getting 'squashed' by the evil bastards!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
I hope this heated discussion isn't causing any "real" friction!

It is an interesting subject which inevitably will have many sides and points of view, there is always at least 2 sides to every story, right? As with any international affairs, there are those inside and those outside "the bubble". I respect anybodies right to voice their ideas and dont take these things too personally as I know that sometimes generalisations can be perceived as individual attacks.

As for foreign aid, I do KNOW that the U.S. does its share of contributing to the affairs of countries with lesser opportunity, however (yes, here I go, but its based on fact), those interests are always related to one hand washing the other, rather than humanitarian purposes, research it. This is choice made by government, which of course has self explanatory motives. Up here in the great white north, we pay taxes that would make americans storm the white house and lop the heads off of every single politician. We have (and it's common knowledge) our hands in humanitarian causes all around the world to such a degree that it is beyond our means. Any political movements related to peace keeping on Canadia's behalf have been a result of pressure from south of our border (income and relations we can't afford to lose). Yet the common ideals of most Canucks would drastically differ in principle from the aggressiveness of americans. We like to ask questions first...... Having said that, I accept these differences, whether I agree or not.

Greed and extremism are the real issues at hand. both have their loyalties. Modern western culture has been finely bred to be "consumers" to keep the economic ball rolling for the big boys, whilst religion is hanging on tooth and nail to exist in a world that is not only explained by science, but totally reliant on science in every sense of the word. Thanking a god for the miracle of a test tube baby is one example of this silliness. Then you have the top 3% controlling the lion's share of the wealth for the entire world, I think we can all agree that this is a known fact, yet our apathy allows us to be the rape victim and just lie back and accept it such that we dont have to leave our comfortable world of TV, internet, airconditioned cars, and many other unnecessary luxuries (as most of the population of the world likely thinks of westerners).

Its actually a good thing to be able to have an off topic discussion such as this and its going to have some spear chucking along the way. But let's keep in mind our commonalities and try to accept that people have different viewpoints, ideals, perspectives and what not. I would never ever claim to be perfect or intelligent, I only know what I have concluded based on personal experience and the results of my curiousity based on the scenery from my rooftop.

We are guys not women, so the end result of any disagreements should always be a few beers and forget about the headlocks the next day, only women hold grudges.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

DrDAV wrote:
Taz,
Again you speak with knowledge and insight.
Moo, you seem to speak as if you have some knowledge of America. Have you ever lived here?Voted here? Payed taxes here?
If not, then your opinion is uneducated and fueled by controversy and speculation, it carries no value, just rhetoric.
Bassbus, I agree with you, we may be headed down the same path, I hope we can elect some officials that are truly selfless in there nature, and we may be able to change that outcome.
ANDRE......sorry for this bickering, I will bite my tongue on such examples in the future, and read for content more on the musical level, I enjoy the sight.
Taz, I'd love to meet up sometime, Greenbay is my team and you seem to be in in the epicenter of Packer country. A trip may be called for.

DrDAV

Yes I have lived there. Thank you. However, you don't need to live somewhere to understand how it works. It's so obvious if you read history, understand the basics of human nature and the basics of how the world works economically!!! My friend is a financial analyst. He is interviewed on CNN, Bloomberg, BBC etc. on a daily basis. He specialises in American markets. He is NOT American!

My comments carry no value if you are blind!

Alas, America is blind!

:|
Edited by moo on 13-09-2011 08:04, 13 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Todd is spot on. I think these discussions ARE important and they have to be aggressive.

As I said, my attack was not on the good people of America. Just the bad ones and 'The American Way' which, if you analyse it, is the root cause of many many of the worlds issues!
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
Word on the street is that he has a larger Status collection than Moo, and just couldn't bare not thumpin'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-...l-14903846

Fortunately it wasn't on his right.
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
ADA MB1
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
Main problem in the US is when there is an election, the choice unfortunately is the least worst. Large corporations grease the politicians, there is no room for statesmen. Abe lincoln probably would be on the front page of the enquirer because his wife has mental illness. Natural selection process has been circumvented by laws protecting stupid people and allowiing them to make more stupid people. We have dumbed down our world to the lowest denominator. With that in mind the future of the world unfortunately is out of the hands of the common people.

"The America of my time line is a laboratory example of what can happen to democracies, what has eventually happened to all perfect democracies throughout all histories. A perfect democracy, a ‘warm body’ democracy in which every adult may vote and all votes count equally, has no internal feedback for self-correction. It depends solely on the wisdom and self-restraint of citizens… which is opposed by the folly and lack of self-restraint of other citizens. What is supposed to happen in a democracy is that each sovereign citizen will always vote in the public interest for the safety and welfare of all. But what does happen is that he votes his own self-interest as he sees it… which for the majority translates as ‘Bread and Circuses.’

‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader—the barbarians enter Rome."
— Robert A. Heinlein
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
ADA MB1
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator