What Amp/s Do you use with your Status ?

Last updated on 13 years ago
GroovemasterGroovemaster
Posted 15 years ago

DrDAV wrote:
The Mesa Boogie Walkabout hands down best sound I've heard.
For larger stages I use the Mesa M-6 Carbine 212 combo with an Powerhouse 1200 cab.very smooth on both amps and the Walkabout is small and puts out low end like no other amp I've used.

2 thumbes up for the Mesa ()
T
timbridges
Posted 14 years ago
For rehearsals and smallish gigs, an EBS Gorm combo plus Line 6 M13 stomp box
For larger gigs, or to put the guitarist in his place, EBS HD350 head, 2x10 and 1x15 Proline 2000 cabs and the Line 6 M13 of course

I noticed an earlier post where the EBS/Status combination was said to be tinny.
Not my experience at all (with either rig), loads of clean bottom end.

Is it just me, but i have many people say the bass is really loud about 50-100 foot from the stage when I can hardly hear it when right in front
Anybody else get this?

Whoa, and Rhino was on top form at Glasto last year (I know it was a while ago, but never too late!)
S1 Classic 5 string (fretted)
S1 Classic 5 string (fretless)
Fingerbone 4 string
EBS Gorm combo
EBS HD350 head
EBS 2x10 cab
EBS 1x15 cab
Line 6 M13 stomp box
My fingers and heart!
ospreyosprey
Posted 14 years ago
My rig hasn't got the muscle of yours, but I do experience the effect of being louder as you get further away. I'm sure I've read this is to do with the wave-length of bass notes..makes sense. One of the places I practice is in quite a small room belonging to the drummer. If I want to make myself heard over the guitar, singers and drums I need to wind up my volume pretty much to where it would be for a medium-sized hall. In a room only double the size..say the size of a triple garage, everyone can get a sensible balence.
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 14 years ago
I got a Rebelhead 450 for Xmas with a 1x10 cab and footshwitch.
It sounds great but the cab surface is easily damaged, quite a shock after my indestructable Peavey that I had had for 20 years.
The new cabs for 2009 are meant to be more hard wearing.
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
Edited by Phantom NIN on 09-01-2010 06:20, 14 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
I
intercept
Posted 14 years ago
Matrix 5

into

Lead (ditched the radio system years ago and reaped the tone improvement)

into

http://www.wikizic.org/images/1/041/0...041205.jpg
I can't remember the knob settings as its away in the reheasal studio

into

http://www.gakkirental.com/gakkilist_...t-200t.jpg
with flat EQ except for a pull on the ultra-low knob, then DI'd into the PA.

into

Modified Crate 2x15 cabinet with Fane Studio drivers

Absolutely solid tone with ample volume.

At home my practice rig is a Celestion SR PA. Bass plugged into the Soundcraft desk with an ARX Quadcomp channel insert (http://www.arx.com.au/jpegs/qc-big.jpg) then out via a pair of SR1s and a pair of SR2 subs driven via the SRC1 controller and C-Audio power amps. http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/29...sr2xb6.jpg Superb - but tone not as good as the Ampeg.
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 14 years ago
I've a Hartke head with an XL410 and an XL115 (which is blown and needs fixing), plus a Peavey Bassfex. However I haven't fired them up for years so I'm not sure they still work....

I always used to set them up so they sounded great in my house and wondered why they sounded too bright at gigs, hopefully now with a bit more experience I can sort that out.

Edit: The amp still works but the Bassfex caught fire!
Edited by Fat Rich on 29-09-2010 01:17, 14 years ago
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Change of tactics here - Sold the MarkBass stuff a while ago now and was exclusively playing through the Roland Bass Cube, but now have a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with two of the 12" NEOX cabinets. Very very impressed!

i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/OutToPlayJazz/025-3.jpg
i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/OutToPlayJazz/034-1.jpg
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Nice upgrade and sweet collection young fella!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks, buddy. The blue pearl MM5 has now been sold, but I'm sure something else will appear in due course!

Going easy on the bass trading & buying this year, as Sir Rob seems to have something special up his sleeve...
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

OutToPlayJazz wrote:
Going easy on the bass trading & buying this year, as Sir Rob seems to have something special up his sleeve...

Wise wise man!!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Nice rig Rich!

I will hopefully have the opportunity to use a Genz Benz amp on a Festival for newcomer bands middle of February. Genz Benz are sponsors of the festival so every bass player will use the same head. Can't wait to try my MK-II with this amp.
G
gobasserk
Posted 14 years ago
Trace Elliot GP 11, 2x600 watts poweramp, 2x12/2x6 custom built cab plus 4x10 Trace (of old) cab and a 2x15" Trace (of old) cab if I need moore bottom end :-)
Status Elite (Graphite neck)
Yamaha BB3000 A
SKC Bogart 4 carbon neck
SKC Bogart fretless 4 carbon neck
Lefay Waran 5
Yamaha BB1000MA
Gobasserk signatute by Germann Basses
M
M-Bass-M
Posted 14 years ago
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 feeding a Barefaced Compact.

As a lightweight, make-your-guitarist-jealous rig, it fits the bill just fine. It can really shift some air if it needs to, especially if you get the right blend of bass / lower mid :D

Only thing I'm not too fussed on is that the flat Shuttle sound seems (to my ears) a bit aggressive and full of mids - I wouldn't use the word "warm" to describe the sound at all! But then again my experience with different amps is minimal. I'd love to A/B against a LMII or a Rebelhead 450, just to really hear the sound difference.
Z
zn_bassman
Posted 14 years ago
Hartke HyDrive. My Status B-2 and Alembic Rogue sound great through it. Available in 115, 112, and 210 combo configurations, plus separate head/cabs configs. I tried all 3 combos with my B-2 and settled on the 115. Very flexible control of tone, nice mix of warmth and punch.

Also had success with SWR and Laney.

All of the above are based on my taste for lots of personality and versatility in the tone.
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 14 years ago
Was thinking about the new Hartke gear and wondered whether I could put a HyDrive cone in my blown XL115.

Maybe I'll get the XL115 fixed then trade the whole lot in for a HyDrive system.... need to test some out sometime!
T
travelingbassman
Posted 14 years ago
Eden WT800.2x10xlt.4x10xlt (the Eden thunder rig)

Go ahead punk,make my day! :D
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
MertonMerton
Posted 14 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
Eden WT800.2x10xlt.4x10xlt (the Eden thunder rig)

Go ahead punk,make my day! :D

Good choice sir! I now have an Eden WT550 and I have to say I am loving it, my favouritist amplifactory device ever :D
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs
Posted 13 years ago
Hi guys,

Must admit I like it LOUD,FAT and wooly..though I have not as yet used all the stuff on stage at one time...most sound guys would cak it methinks..

So it's;

Marshall DBS 7400 Head x 1
Marshall 2001 Bass head x 1
Acoustic 301 Cab x 1
Marshall DBS 215 Cabs x 2

I have a few Series 2's and the best I have ever heard them sound was through an Eden 550 and 410 XLT..stunning. I would need a lot of Eden stuff to get the volume I like..:-)

Cheers

Tony
Posted 13 years ago
...sorry guys..photo would not upload!

Tony
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Hi Tony, some guys here have some great rigs. I like a good recorded sound but live I don't really mind which is why I use a DBS. Not a great sound but jeez are they loud! I set the EQ flat and let the Series 2 Status do the rest:D
I have had some great amps but it's all silly expensive now. I wouldn't mind a little Markbass amp though.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator