What Amp/s Do you use with your Status ?

Last updated on 13 years ago
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

todd k wrote:
I have bladder control issues.....happens with age. :@

I'll second that.....in 20 years. I may end up having to sell a bass to buy diapers, not only for me, but for all the kiddies I may have running around.

You know.....musicians=dogs
To know me is to love me, and I do.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
nice one Todd,i also am in the throes of the the longer nites and the shorter days,hope you liked that vid i mentioned.Has anyone else seen the killing joke vid on you tube of love like blood and also requiem(nice shot at 0.57), Check out the nice S2 youth has been using since the early 80s,probly one of Robs earliest cutomers ? who knows but can anyone shed any light on those sweet blonde skunk stripes on the front ,ive never seen one like that myself on an early,,,,,any knowledge folks ? cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
nice one Todd,i also am in the throes of the the longer nites and the shorter days,hope you liked that vid i mentioned.Has anyone else seen the killing joke vid on you tube of love like blood and also requiem(nice shot at 0.57), Check out the nice S2 youth has been using since the early 80s,probly one of Robs earliest cutomers ? who knows but can anyone shed any light on those sweet blonde skunk stripes on the front ,ive never seen one like that myself on an early,,,,,any knowledge folks ? cheers

Rich or Moo will have the answer to that.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
S
Steve Soar
Posted 15 years ago
Here's mine.
i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/steve-soar/100_1026.jpg
Aguilar DB680, into QSC PLX 3102 power amp, into Tech Soundsystems XT610.
S
Steve Soar
Posted 15 years ago
i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/steve-soar/100_1014.jpg

i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/steve-soar/100_1015.jpg

A couple more pics.:)
RobJRobJ
Posted 15 years ago
I guess I'm old school, I haven't found anything I like more than my AH350SMX w/ TE 1x15 and 2x10 cabs with my Statii or other basses. For small jobs and lower volume rehearsals I use my GK MB150E.
RichRich
Posted 15 years ago
Currently my live rig is an SWR SM-900 head plus Focusrite Trakmaster compressor/channel strip, into two Eden Nemesis 1x15 cabs. Thunderous! Sounds absolutely blimmin fantastic. :D
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
Edited by Rich on 01-04-2009 00:15, 15 years ago
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Hey Rich, Couldn't agree more about the Focusrite. I used to record my bass with a Voicemaster Pro, and now I record with the Focusrite ISA One. Amazing sound!!! Ihave some gigs coming up soon, so I'm going to use the Focusrite with my Ashdown Superfly 500, and two 2x10 cabs.:D
MertonMerton
Posted 15 years ago
I've had a rather lovely rig change recently: the Trace 1x15 has gone, to be replaced by a BarefacedBass Vintage cab. Gotta say, this thing is immense! It's beautifully built, looks gorgeous and sounds even better. Plus it's lighter than the Trace B)

www.bitd.co.uk/usa/DSC001950.jpg
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs
G
gazhowe
Posted 15 years ago
I'm currently using a Trace AH400SMX with Mesa Boogie 1x15 and 2x10 cabs which I've had for ages. After my S2 arrives (and is paid off!) I'd like to try it through a few other rigs to see how they compare. I quite like the look and portability of the new TC Electronic Rebelhead 450 head and cabs (www.tcelectronic.com/Bass.asp). Has anyone tried these yet?
Edited by gazhowe on 09-07-2009 09:29, 15 years ago
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago

gazhowe wrote:
I quite like the look and portability of the new TC Electronic Rebelhead 450 head and cabs (www.tcelectronic.com/Bass.asp). Has anyone tried these yet?

I was thinking the very same. The Rebelhead 450 head is getting some very favourable reviews. Any Statii members tried one?
Stand and Deliver!
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
As I got older and wiser I downsized to save my back getting any worse. I never really gigged without a fairly decent P.A. (thats not slang for personal assistant) If you D.I or Mic up I don't see why a big rig is really needed unless the stages are huge. I have played on a few big stages and yes when I moved I lost my sound. To this day and I have owned some illustrious amps the best sound I ever had was through a 10" 100w Sessionette bass amp mic'd up, I am looking for one and have seen a few on the bay so that's what I'm going to use when I find one! By the way Steve, I tried those sound tech monsters out when they came out, they are incredible!!!!
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
Bass Direct currently have the TC electronics 450 classic rigged to a TC4x10+2x12+2x10,the TC head will drive all 3 cabs together or any combination of the 3 cabs,this is not a plug but if anyone wanted to try this new gear this is where you can find it to demo ok.cheers
MertonMerton
Posted 15 years ago
www.bitd.co.uk/usa/comic_book_guy.jpg

www.bitd.co.uk/usa/DSC001972.jpg

www.bitd.co.uk/usa/DSC001973.jpg

www.bitd.co.uk/usa/DSC001976.jpg

Sorry for more pics of this, but it's worth it, coz the LH500 into the Barefaced Vintage is simply the best rig I've ever had the pleasure of using, let alone owning :D
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs
D
DrDAV
Posted 15 years ago
The Mesa Boogie Walkabout hands down best sound I've heard.
For larger stages I use the Mesa M-6 Carbine 212 combo with an Powerhouse 1200 cab.very smooth on both amps and the Walkabout is small and puts out low end like no other amp I've used.
A
alanbass1
Posted 15 years ago
I have a number of amps - but the one that suits my Kingbass best is my Markbass TA501 - the onboard valve compressor is really something.
B
BluesWalker
Posted 15 years ago
I will be using my Mark Bass LMII and Mark Bass Traveler 2x10 cabinet when my Streamline arrive. I am glad to see that some of you have positive experiences with Mark Bass amplication and your Status bass.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
Im considering the purchase of a second hand Eden rig made up of an Eden 600w metro head and a 4x10 XLS cab and a 2x10 XLS cab,can anyone give me any tips or info on the performance of this Eden gear.cheers
A
alanbass1
Posted 15 years ago
Try and source a WT400 traveller plus head - probably the best sounding head they ever made (IMHO). Plenty powerfull enough for unmiked gigs and has a decent DI output for the bigger gigs.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
The traveller heads are really good, the Eden is a wicked amp! Everything my SWR redhead should have been, it was a great amp, just not loud enough for gigging! I tried an Eden in the Gallery and it was immense, downside was the lakland I used to try it:D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator