What Amp/s Do you use with your Status ?

Last updated on 13 years ago
JimJim
Posted 15 years ago
Keeping it green here....
- Status Empathy 4 String Headless SimS SensiLight LEDs
- Status "The Groove" 5 String
- Fender Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass
- Hohner B2 Steinberger Copy
- Crafter Electro-Acoustic Bass
- Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass
- TC Electronic RH750 + RS210 + RS112
- Trace Elliot Series 6 715 1 x15" Combo (For Sale!)
- Peavey Microbass Practice Amp
Edited by Jim on 11-02-2009 22:11, 15 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago

Jim wrote:

jd wrote:
i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/durandassi/DSC00039.jpg

EBS all the way!!

James.

And 3 basses that have come my way! You need some new photos!! :D

i still like to dream that there all mine still!!:o seriousley tho, i do need some new photo's!:D and some new basses!

how you gettin on with those beauties?

James
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
JimJim
Posted 15 years ago
Sold the S1 fretless on - too lazy to get on with it - Matt Sanchez has come to the same conclusion and it's up for sale/trade on basschat again now.

The Empathy is now my main gigging bass (but Mike Prince wants it back! - no chance, I'm afraid...)

S2 is still a good backup - hisses and farts occasionally from the GB Controller but a quick prod in the recess (oo-err!) sorts it out.... And somehow I prefer the balance of headed.....
- Status Empathy 4 String Headless SimS SensiLight LEDs
- Status "The Groove" 5 String
- Fender Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass
- Hohner B2 Steinberger Copy
- Crafter Electro-Acoustic Bass
- Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass
- TC Electronic RH750 + RS210 + RS112
- Trace Elliot Series 6 715 1 x15" Combo (For Sale!)
- Peavey Microbass Practice Amp
Edited by Jim on 12-02-2009 19:17, 15 years ago
GroovemasterGroovemaster
Posted 15 years ago
I have been using the (very heavy and refrigerator-sized) Trace Elliot and Glockenklang stacks for many years :(

But since I am getting a little bit older and being tired of carrying around the heavy-weight stuff, I use my Hartke Kickback 12" 120 W Combo for small pub-gigs and the superb Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 15" 300 W Combo for the bigger gigs B)

Especially the Mesa is producing a very loud and punchy sound with a great tone :)

Paul
@
@mikepbass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
A Status through Hartke gear sounds brilliant. I think it was the 4x10 VX300 i used to play through. The tone and clarity were amazing
Edited by @mikepbass on 12-02-2009 06:12, 15 years ago
MattheusMattheus
Posted 15 years ago

Mike wrote:
A Status through Hartke gear sounds brilliant. I think it was the 4x10 VX300 i used to play through. The tone and clarity were amazing

That was also my conclusion; I had a few Hartke XL410 cabinets which I wanted to sell to raise funds for a new amp. I hadn't used the Hartke stuff for some years and the where in out storage. Just for fun I took them to a gig.... and I gig with them since them. I use 2 XL410 cabinets with a 3500 amp. I'll try to post a picture here soon.
to bass, or not to bass.
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 15 years ago
I was surprisingly impressed by the Hartke and had never even considered them before.

I have a Hartke combo VX2510. I had set out to buy an Ashdown, Markbass, etc. However, in the shop, I just thought I'd give this one a go. The clarity and brightness really surprised me, so I bought it and saved a few pennies in the process. It doesn't necessarily give you that classic 'slap' sound (though that could be the compression which although very effective, doesn't colour anything - I prefer it this way), but it carries right across the range. However, like status basses themselves, it shows up your every mistake (which, in my case are manifold) because it is so clean and crisp. I can get away with a lot more 'fluffing' through my little Roland Cube.

I also like the fact there is both a valve and tranny preamp.

Overall a loverly toy.
Edited by special-boy on 12-02-2009 23:43, 15 years ago
J
jay42
Posted 15 years ago
Hey

I'm currently playing my KB Artist thru an Ashdown ABM Evo 1 head with a pair of Ashdown MAG-410 4x10's and I gotta say it's the best rig that I've played through so far having used Trace Elliot, Peavey & Carlsbro rigs throughout the years. Superb bottom-end power with outstanding top-end clarity (and the mids are pretty good too!).

Only set-up that I would get to replace that would be the Ashdown ABM900 Evo 3 with ABM 4x10 cabs. One day...!!!

Jay
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Ciao,

I currently use a Markbass TA501 head and a pair of small EBS neo-cabs. I am really happy with the sound, it is clear and powerful. I am considering the new Markbass F500 head which is very small and weighs only 2kg!

Stefano
ReneRene
Posted 15 years ago
hello,

i currently using a old trace elliot ah 250 with a 1048h cabinet, a TC electronic major effect rig a jay dee supernatural bass and a status king bass
King bass
Jay Dee super natural serie 2
trace elliot ah250
trace elliot 1048h cabinet
www.myspace.com/thisisatesrt
You do not have access to view attachments
vstringsvstrings
Posted 15 years ago
My favourite companion pre for my Series 5000 is probably the SWR Grand Prix preamp.
Or any SWR pre, really - I like the RedHead combo and Electric Blue head just as good.

Having said that, anyone I ever played my Status for always agreed with me, a Status bass always comes through with its personality and sound through any amplifier. I remember playing through certain horrendous Marshall amps in rehearsal studios and still - my Series 5000 would come through as 100% Status. To me, the Music Man StingRay is another bass that works exaxctly that way. And anybody would love the sound. Even those who would criticise its shape or (brace yourself) say hey, great Steinberger there!:o
You can't stop genius, can you?
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
i agree,the stingrays another bass with a unique footprint,,,,,the only effects i ever use is,,,erm,,,,,the lead ! the one that comes out the front of the s2 and the other end goes in the big black and green box of loudness with trace sumat written on the front ? for added loudness theres this other bigger stack of bigger boxes and the one on the tops got peavy 600 sumat on the front next to a big switch that says ON/OFF,,,,,all i know is when its ON its louder than the black and green one,,,,,,,when seems to work out fine ! to be fair, cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
i agree,the stingrays another bass with a unique footprint,,,,,the only effects i ever use is,,,erm,,,,,the lead ! the one that comes out the front of the s2 and the other end goes in the big black and green box of loudness with trace sumat written on the front ? for added loudness theres this other bigger stack of bigger boxes and the one on the tops got peavy 600 sumat on the front next to a big switch that says ON/OFF,,,,,all i know is when its ON its louder than the black and green one,,,,,,,when seems to work out fine ! to be fair, cheers

mewsiehas a stingrybass,,,,,,,,i thinkits a stingry and she really likes but I amkina sure she wants to by a status do when eye go there in marh we will proly goto the factory anave a look rob uses a trace sumat there......for testing but it was a como if my memry servs me
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
I use a carpet-covered Custom Sound 30 watt practice amp I bought in 1986. I just can't get that flaccid, woofy, inarticulate tone anywhere else.
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
todd=dick
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
todd=dick

Todd + awake + reading + people who post bizzare text-like messages with incredibly lazy spelling = dick

How did I know you would use the lazymans equation!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
travelingbassman! Why don't you use PM's to air your personal spats instead of airing your dirty laundry for all to see.B)
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
im not the person taking the piss and as for PM i just have and hopefully that will be the end to it .
R
ricstave
Posted 15 years ago
I WILL be running my (new) Status through my rig I've come to love over the past 3 years - Bergantino IP112 + 1-12 extension, usually with either my ADA MB-1 or LINE6 Pod Pro.

EQ is mostly flat - I like the chorus and overdrive in the ADA, the Line6 has a few more FX to use occasionally, depending on the band.

After I bought the Bergs, I sold off all my other Bass amps and cabs except for my GK112MBE combo - great for rehearsals or pit orchestra shows.
A Stealth 6 for a Streamline 5? Hmmmm.....

Here are some of my bands...
www.initiationmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thediscoduckband
www.myspace.com/ledzeptributecoda
Back To The Bars {on Facebook}
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
im not the person taking the piss and as for PM i just have and hopefully that will be the end to it .

Sorry Pat, I have bladder control issues.....happens with age. :@
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator