TC Electronic RH 450

Last updated on 13 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
Mine should arrive from Denmark next week.Rh750 :)

Oh boy......another reason for me to take a trip?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
P
paul clifton
Posted 13 years ago

paul clifton wrote:
I looked into an RH450 but in the end the RH750 seems a much better amp for my needs - the RH450 has a frequency cut-off point of 5khz, which takes out a lot of the zing and hi-fi shine that I am sure a lot of us love. The 750 has no limit and is open ended. I am currently in the process of buying a used HD350, which was always my favourite sounding amp, but the size, portablility and gizmos that come parceled in to the TC RHs make them incredibly seductive. Mind you - the Staccato is the real one to have for that hi fi sound ;)

Having said all that, I just picked up an RH450 for £400, so I guess I am happy to sacrifice a bit of top-end zing to save £450 quid. Picking it up tonight and already bought a TC RS210 cab last week (Basschat is a wonderful place) so will let you all know what I think over the weekend.
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
The rh750 arrived yesterday,took it to a pub gig last night and plugged it straight into the 4x10 edenXLT.
Everything set flat with just a little tweak on the treble,spectracomp at 9.00 and tube tone at 9.00
First impressions.....its LOUD,my TC cabs will arrive in september and i can only hope they throw out enuff width with comparable out put power and clarity.
The guys in the band really liked it and felt it cut through superbly(more like my TE rig and less like my Eden rig)
The gig was in a small pub with about 70 punters and the TC did well although in time i will get more out of it im sure!
Tonights gig will be a different test,we will be headlining the No Bull just Beer and Bikes Rally in Wales on a big stage and it will be interesting to check it out in front of a couple thousand bikers going apeshit.
So,i got it friday and by this sunday night it will of done 3 gigs with me,ive got a good feeling about this amp and one thing i really liked was that at the end of the gig i put my hand on it and it was still STONE COLD!,the fan is constantly on from startup,i like that.
Unlike my Eden WT 800 which after a 2 hour show feels like it just came off the Macdonalds hot grill.
I cant not mention the joy of having so much power in such a small package,i wont be lifting anymore super heavy flight cases with amps inside anymore,those days are behind me....
I just need to get into the bones of it at home and get to know it as i havent had time yet.........
More on this later cheers :)
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Good stuff Patrick!! Can't wait to here it!!
A
Alec
Posted 13 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
I cant not mention the joy of having so much power in such a small package,i wont be lifting anymore super heavy flight cases with amps inside anymore,those days are behind me....

It's just a brilliant revelation when it happens, isn't it!
Status Empathy 4-string headless 1995
TC RH450 (x2!) with Genz Benz NEOX 212T & STL-10T
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
It certainly is Alec.....:) a true reverlation indeed mate :)
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
It certainly is Alec.....:) a true reverlation indeed mate :)

While you're up, could you get me a beer out of the fridge as well?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator