Status 'J' type pickups wanted

Last updated on 9 years ago
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 9 years ago
Pickups required for my Status 3000. 'J' type :-)
Edited by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 18-05-2015 07:27, 9 years ago
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
I'm sure you have already considered this, but why not go for the J type pickups sold by Status, £51 each +p&p isn't too bad to re-life your beloved bass

And no, I'm not on commission Shock)
Posted 9 years ago
With the vat and postage it's going to cost me About £125. Was hoping to PICK UP (see what I did there LOL) some second hand ones. Some guy over on Basschat has some he took out of his Washburn Status 1000 that he has offered me but he lives in Greece. So might not be much cheaper than buying new ones once the postage cost has been added. We will see. :-)
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
Ha Ha, nice pun Shock). It sounds potentially a good option. Were the pick ups in the Washburn status made then, or just under licence? To be honest I have never looked at one in any detail.
Posted 9 years ago

Garbo28 wrote:
Ha Ha, nice pun :o). It sounds potentially a good option. Were the pick ups in the Washburn status made then, or just under licence? To be honest I have never looked at one in any detail.

Same pickups, Same electrics same hardware. He can't find them now anyway so that particular option has now ceased to be. If I buy new ones from Rob at Status they won't have Status embossed into the cover they are now just a plain smooth finish.
I think I'll keep searching for some second hand ones for now. Something will turn up. ;-)
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
I didn't realise they were pretty much the same, thanks for the education.

I am sure someone will have something with a damaged neck or something slightly terminal that would make an excellent donor for your guitar. Either that or get your stencils out and paint 'Status' on yourself :0)
Posted 9 years ago
Still holding out for some used ones. :-0
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator