Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Status 'J' type pickups wanted

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 13-05-2015 02:11

Pickups required for my Status 3000. 'J' type :-)

Edited by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 18-05-2015 07:27

Posted by Garbo28 on 13-05-2015 23:43

I'm sure you have already considered this, but why not go for the J type pickups sold by Status, £51 each +p&p isn't too bad to re-life your beloved bass And no, I'm not on commission Shock)

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 14-05-2015 00:46

With the vat and postage it's going to cost me About £125. Was hoping to PICK UP (see what I did there LOL) some second hand ones. Some guy over on Basschat has some he took out of his Washburn Status 1000 that he has offered me but he lives in Greece. So might not be much cheaper than buying new ones once the postage cost has been added. We will see. :-)

Posted by Garbo28 on 18-05-2015 04:28

Ha Ha, nice pun Shock). It sounds potentially a good option. Were the pick ups in the Washburn status made then, or just under licence? To be honest I have never looked at one in any detail.

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 18-05-2015 07:25

Garbo28 wrote: Ha Ha, nice pun Shock). It sounds potentially a good option. Were the pick ups in the Washburn status made then, or just under licence? To be honest I have never looked at one in any detail.
Same pickups, Same electrics same hardware. He can't find them now anyway so that particular option has now ceased to be. If I buy new ones from Rob at Status they won't have Status embossed into the cover they are now just a plain smooth finish. I think I'll keep searching for some second hand ones for now. Something will turn up. ;-)

Posted by Garbo28 on 18-05-2015 18:21

I didn't realise they were pretty much the same, thanks for the education. I am sure someone will have something with a damaged neck or something slightly terminal that would make an excellent donor for your guitar. Either that or get your stencils out and paint 'Status' on yourself :0)

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 27-05-2015 02:38

Still holding out for some used ones. :-0