Why did you decide a Status as your main musical instument?

Last updated on 18 years ago
D
Doc B
Posted 18 years ago
I've always had a thing for getting basses that were a bit different to what everyone else has, the Shapes of Statii have always looked good to me too. I am also very pleased to buy British and get a far superior instrument for the money in the process. Graphite necked basses have always appealed as I'd heard them on recordings by Faith No More, Therapy, Skunk Anansie and RHCP's and I think they seem to sound great for fingerstyle and especially plectrum playing.

I recently tried out a used Energy 5 string in a shop and was amazed how easy it was to play - better than any other 5 I've tried and got GAS for a new bass for the first time in the 6 years I'd had my Warwick Streamer Std. In the end I was too scared to go for a headless Status and went for the Fender/Musicman/Status vibe of my new graphite necked Groove. The MM pick up placement suits me better than any other for resting my thumb and it only has 3 knobs (plus the active/passive switch).

I'm really impressed with Rob and Dawn's customer service and feel really good about having spoken to and emailed the people who made the instrument I have.
JasscoJassco
Posted 18 years ago
Because they are stable
Because they sound perfectly good
Because the pre-amp is really versatile
Because the graphite-neck is perfect and move rarely
Because the price is ridicoulus for this kind of bass quality
Because Rob is a really accessible and professionnal guy
Because i've fall in love with those instruments after 1 minute of playing (Andre ;) )

The only bad thing about status (but is it really "bad" ?) it's that you will have tremendous Status GAS. And even if you buy 2,3,4,5 status...
Bass ClefBass Clef
Posted 18 years ago
Guys, you've summed it all....:D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.