Let's create a Status timeline from day 1

Last updated on 18 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
i saw my first Status when i was at school. a series 2 headless with beautiful woods! That is why i started playing bass!!!

Since then i have owned 7 Status! (2000 / 3 x Empathy (4 string) / Empathy 5 string /2 x King Bass Artist & more LED's than you can shake a stick at)

I was thinking with the amount of basses owned by people in this group we should be able to come up with a Status timeline... or a history of Status with technical references to all the changes Rob made and a billion or so pictures!??!!

any thoughts on this... i'm sure that once we have something up and running Rob would pitch in and help. i'm sure he would have it on his website if it was good enough because he doesn't have a whisper about the'history' of Status Basses!

i also think this would really help with the 'more bass pictures' and 'more bass data' requests

any takers??????
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I reckon at a quick count up for me it is 5, 1 Washburn Status and a replacement graphite neck. The 4 that I have had are an Empathy headless, a Series 3000 (now with mderator S3000), an Energy and a Shark. I now have just my Empathy and would like another Shark to go with it if anyone wants to sell me one.

Rob is a member on here now and has already answered a few technical questions so I am sure he will participate when he has time. He has been very supportive of this site and has a link to it on the home page of the main Status website.

There was talk some time back of organising a serial number database. This is still, I believe, intended to happen. Andre has been accumulating brochures and data and it is hoped more information will come in from various members and hopefully Rob himself.

In the meantime members should feel free to post away about what they know of the history and timeline of Status basses. I am sure we would all be interested to read it.

Chris.
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hi themoo welcome to the site.

The original idea of the site was to set up a serial number database, this would also double as a guide to the different instruments built as the early basses each had their serial numbers set that started at 1, as an example my s3000 is #100, but not the 100th status ever built. I think a Andre is gathering the info from Rob regarding this.

so keep an eye on the site, and in the mean time post some photos of all those Statii you have had

Trev.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
ooooooooooooooh how i would love to have photos!!

i am hunting for a couple that i know i have but the only 2 'electronic' photos i have are of my 2 King Basses.

the hunt begins!

:o
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
its funny but in the +25 years of playing bass the I seem to have 1 photo of we with a Bass & that was taken about a month ago!
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
:) LOL...yeah that goes for me too and I've been playing for +35 years. Yikes :o
Rob GreenRob Green
Posted 18 years ago
It has been on my "to-do" list for years.

The serial number thing is not impossible but does get complicated as we had lots of models which all started at No.1

More recenly (since around 1998) the system gets a lot simpler.

I'll dig all the old files out and give it a shot soon.

Rob.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Excellent!:D
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
Hey, Rob, if you need any help on this work, I'm sure there are people in this community who would be glad to lend a hand (or head, or both).

I'm one of them, of course, but I realize that you don't know me at all... but there are obviously people here (like Andre) that you do know that can step in.

Afterall, we wouldn't want you to distract yourself from building those excellent basses! :)

You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.