Status KingBass

Last updated on 10 years ago
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
....paramatrix....4 strings....spaced 16.5mm....32" scale with bendwell... top and finish TOP SECRET (I promise pics upon delivery) ;) ... no LEDs (I debated a lot with myself about it...) to bloom in Madrid next spring...

Status KingBass Paramatrix
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Good job that man. Spring's not really that far away. ()
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
Pretty excited....

Spring though is a 3 months interval.... So it might not be that close..... :o

B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
But that's only 12 weeks and one day has gone already. B)
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
Uhmmm spring starts on March 21st.... So actually i expect it between march and may.... Ok, now i do deserve a beer!

enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Una cerveza para Paolo! Congrats for the order, it's a quick pregnancy compared other famous luthiers. Do some yoga :)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
;)

Jokes apart, i am very happy to wait!

D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
Congrats Paolo, time now for patients
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
hey Dave, I know you know more than something about waiting for Status basses! ;)

What's next? Or found the Status Nirvana yet?

D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
I believe I have had a few models pass through my hands. Most of them ordered directly from Rob(9/14), so I have developed some patients waiting for them to come home. Like many of the "veterans" on this sight I've been lucky enough to own a good number of Rob's creations and I never found one that wasn't excellent to play. Not all of them fit what I am after specifically, but they all were great. I am not a collector, nor do I have the budget to keep all the beauties I've owned(although I wish I did). Having sold one of my current Statii.
There is going to be an order going in soon. I love my current Stealth!!!!!!! Spec- 34"/ 16.5mm, 3-band EQ
Like any evoloution, I tryed Rob's new pickup spacing on the Chris W. model in a Streamline.......and LOVED what it does tonally.
So there you have it, Natural CF, black hardware, 34", 16.5mm, 3-band EQ, Blue front LED's, rounded body edges.
..................although I still lament about the one that got away........back in 2000 after I received my first Kingbass, I asked Rob about building me a headless B1 Buzzard. He said he could do it!!!! alas it was beyond the budget of the simple mortal that I am. Wished I'd have just bit the bullet and did it when it was legal. Oh if I had a time machine......
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
Wow, that B1 headleass would have been killer, but also be as good investment as the first issue of Google stocks!

Bur rearview mirrors are useful if used moderately, and your specs sound just great, never seen a stealth with rounded body edges and i think is that is going to improve the aesthetic of the model.

What do you prefer in the 34" scale vs the 32"?

Edited by pmaraziti on 10-01-2014 20:42, 10 years ago
D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
I like the definition of the lower notes with the 34" over the 32", especially when I need to drop tune. The Streamline I just sold was a 32", and comparing it to my Stealth at 34", I felt I didn't gain much in flexibilty of scale length(reach) compared to tone trade off. I have a 30.5" scale Gibson EB3 that I use and I find that (reach) is considerable, for all 5'7" of me. Short scale has some cool tones. Maybe this will be my next Status build. Kingbass Std 30.5 scale (long bendwell). Damn.......now I did it,
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
:D on the "you did it again" thing.

Funny you say that 30.5" is next. I actually wanted to ask Rob if possible as I wanted something really "small" (I'm 6'1, but still wanted a "tiny" bass) like a Alembic Stanley Clarke signature...but better ;)
Do you think is doable to order a scale shorter than 32"?

Anyway , nor I'm a bit concerned. Regarding 32" vs 34". I went for 32" just for being fancy in trying out the scale, I don't see me using the bendwell much anyway. Definitely I'd not sacrifice noticeable lack of E string clarity for my appetite for scale experimentation. I hope(d) that being a spec that Mr King likes, he would not go for a "bad" E string. And based on my 34" 5 strings S2 experience, I always smile when people debate about strength and clarity of a B string in 34" vs 35" bass. To settle the debate, I just make them play m,y bass and none argues anymore that you can have a killer B on a 34" scale.

But if the kingbass owners tell me that 32" suffers a bit too much, then I'd swap back to the standard 34" scale, what's your experience?

Edited by pmaraziti on 11-01-2014 21:22, 10 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
I wouldn't go 34" on the KB, although I never had one like that, I heard several complaints on the first position reach. But if you have monkey arms, then everything is possible :)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
I agree with Enzo, I liked the 32" on the Kingbass more than the 34", I've had both. Thats why the the Kingbass would be my choice for the 30.5" scale, IF it ever comes to be.
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago

Enzo wrote:
I wouldn't go 34" on the KB, although I never had one like that, I heard several complaints on the first position reach. But if you have monkey arms, then everything is possible :)

If only I didn't evolve ...

2.bp.blogspot.com/_Un6ZEpyBmKI/S8ShKLUH51I/AAAAAAAAAQc/n2-CmGtFgHE/s1600/Evolution.jpg

pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
Must resist... it won't be long....

moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago

pmaraziti wrote:

Enzo wrote:

If only I didn't evolve ...

2.bp.blogspot.com/_Un6ZEpyBmKI/S8ShKLUH51I/AAAAAAAAAQc/n2-CmGtFgHE/s1600/Evolution.jpg

It's 99% about the position of the front strap lock.

My JayDee which is long scale is very easy to reach, my Alembic is a little tougher but still reachable!!

The front strap lock on those basses are at the 15th & 17th respectively. The KingBass is at the 18th/19th fret. Now this is perfect for a smaller scale but the longer you go, the more it comes into play!

The Series II on the other hand... The front strap lock is at the 13th fret! Makes it very versatile.

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 10 years ago
Should be here tomorrow!

D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
Excellent!!!! P Congrats.
I'm also expecting a call any day now.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator