Trying to get through to Status

Last updated on 13 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
My nephew is 7 years old.

I'M OFFENDED!!

:@
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

moo wrote:
I'M OFFENDED!!!!!!!!

DEAL WITH IT, YOUR NOT 7 ANYMORE!!!

We need your help, ping me when you get a chance.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
I'M OFFENDED!!!!!!!!

Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

Danny wrote:

TSA wrote:
Good find Trev!

I think we need to talk to that bald prick in Kensington about updating the "Buying a new bass" section......

Aren't most pricks bald?:D

No, actually, only the ones who are attractive to women. :D
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

TSA wrote:
Good find Trev!

I think we need to talk to that bald prick in Kensington about updating the "Buying a new bass" section......

Aren't most pricks bald?:D
HARLEQUIN NYHARLEQUIN NY
Posted 13 years ago
Ciubecca,

Those lights look really nice. Do you know if the LEDs can be another color like blue to back light those fret dots?
Thanks, Rob
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
yeh , it seems to be a little bit out of date...
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Good find Trev!

HARLEQUIN NYHARLEQUIN NY
Posted 13 years ago
Thanks G-77, that answers that and I think I saw that in the buyers guide also.
I was actually concerned that the regular LEDs might be too bright and therefore the backlit pearl dots might be sweet but I am guessing.
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 13 years ago
I think this comes up possibly because of the buyers guide mentioing it.
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Back lit pearl look like normal markers when off, but are not as bright as the LEDs when on.
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
from http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/vie...ad_id=3808

Sir Rob Green wrote:
Hi All,
I have recently had a number of e-mails asking about the "thicker", "thinner", "fatter", "slimmer" neck profiles we use. To be honest there is currently only one neck profile: It is a slim 'C' shape starting around 20mm at the 1st fret and about 22mm at the 12th fret. The edge profile is the same all the way but the back of the neck is slightly flatter as you go towards the body.

There are obviously some slight variations between models but they are generally the same. The narrower 16.5mm necks can feel a little 'chunkier' because of the narrower width as you move towards the body. (The width at the top-nut is the same on 19mm or 16.5mm models).

Older models (until the early 90's) did have some variations as the mouldings were sourced from another company. This was one of the reasons we developed our own method of moulding. We have made all our own graphite mouldings for nearly 20 years and do not mould for any other company. (Except the 200 Musicman Anniversary models).

The fingerboard radius is slightly flatter than many basses at about 16" (410mm).

I hope this helps clarify things.

Rob.
Happy JackHappy Jack
Posted 13 years ago
True ... but you can't see 'em!

That's why I went for the wraparounds.

I did, however, go for the satin finish on the neck.

And I don't even sweat ...
I look pretty young but I'm just back-dated (yeh!).

i43.tinypic.com/2qujdc6.jpg
HARLEQUIN NYHARLEQUIN NY
Posted 13 years ago
Magnificent! I like that.
ciubeccaciubecca
Posted 13 years ago

HARLEQUIN NY wrote:
... I was also wondering what the backlit mother of pearl fret dots would like compared to the LED only option as far as brightness and look? ...

backlit mother of pearl dots with white leds looks like this (my S2 Classic):

Off:
www.gospel.bo.it/albums/userpics/10431/DSCF3973.JPG

On:
www.gospel.bo.it/albums/userpics/10431/DSCF3974.JPG
Nicola

Status S2-Classic 5 headed
Status Stealth II 5 headed
Status S2000

Status Series II 6 headed (sold)
Status Energy 5 (sold)
HARLEQUIN NYHARLEQUIN NY
Posted 13 years ago
Jack if you have the wrap around LEDs that should look wonderful as is!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
I seem to remember Rob posting earlier this year that there is actually onle ONE neck profile......couldn't find the thread however.

And, what Andre said.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 13 years ago
My recommendation is to add the "satin" neck option - much softer nicer and no sweat !
Happy JackHappy Jack
Posted 13 years ago
Drat! I went for no dots (so that's the ivory inlays gone) and wraparound LEDs (so no backlighting, then).

I didn't realise there were different neck profiles available, except in the sense that the 5-string profile naturally differs from the 4-string.

Given that there's no separate neck/body, having a choice of profiles would require completely separate moulds, wouldn't it?
I look pretty young but I'm just back-dated (yeh!).

i43.tinypic.com/2qujdc6.jpg
HARLEQUIN NYHARLEQUIN NY
Posted 13 years ago
Hello Happy Jack,
There were several options that would be nice to view somewhere like the ivory epoxy block inlays. I was also wondering what the backlit mother of pearl fret dots would like compared to the LED only option as far as brightness and look? And there also seems to be an option for neck profiles like "flat" neck?
Any thoughts on these? Thanks, Rob.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator