Bassday UK 2010

Last updated on 14 years ago
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 14 years ago
He did get an article in Bass Player last month. :)
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
...What I was trying to get at was, how the US (pop?) music scene does not care so much about variety, but more on sales. To do this the industry pretty much only lets you hear what they want to sell. (something like that).

I asked about 20 of my neighbors and coworkers from "our?" generation if they knew any Level 42. 2 people said Something About You, and 1 guy said Hot Water and Something About You.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

Me4Bass wrote:
...What I was trying to get at was, how the US (pop?) music scene does not care so much about variety, but more on sales. To do this the industry pretty much only lets you hear what they want to sell. (something like that).

I asked about 20 of my neighbors and coworkers from "our?" generation if they knew any Level 42. 2 people said Something About You, and 1 guy said Hot Water and Something About You.

Couldn't agree more.

I think all the 'bassists' from the USA consider themselves to be anything BUT pop and yet MK is really pop funk and so looked down on!

We don't care though... We luv 'im!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Me is a We...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator