Interesting eBay listing

Last updated on 18 years ago
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Some guy is selling a headless Status body with through neck. Kind of an unusual offer I would think, and it'sa UK seller.

Status body
Edited by RobJ on 11-06-2006 10:06, 18 years ago
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Very Tempting :)
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Isn't that a Mr. Moo bass? :D
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I get all confuffled between the series #000's :P
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Ooh, and a very pretty S1 Here
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
That one is very nice, sort of has the tiger stripe look happening.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
That's an early Series II.

I might have a go at getting it as i have one EXACTLY the same that i would like to swap the bits on due to the fact that the body is very 'knackered'!!

If anyone else wants it then contact me as i wouldn't want to raise the price between friends as it were!!!

:D

Here's hoping!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hey John

I've just got an interesting email back from this guy (i'll send it to you). He was actually the man who supplied Rob with the necks etc. back in the 80's and he says he's got 'lots' of them lying around!!!

i'm going to open up dialogue with him and get some more details.

i'll let you know!

very interesting!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Hmmm sounds very interesting indeed !
Pete ManziniPete Manzini
Posted 18 years ago
That one is mine. Gonna take it off ebay and then relist it - couldn't figure out the interface, but I wanted an auction rather than a buy-it-now. Got more pictures if anyone wants them.:D
Pete
Pete Manzini
The Fabulous Manzini Brothers ATADC
http://www.fabmanbro.co.uk
http://www.sunkings.co.uk
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
He's the seller - Check the avatar :)
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

F
Freddysready
Posted 18 years ago

RobJ wrote:
Some guy is selling a headless Status body with through neck. Kind of an unusual offer I would think, and it'sa UK seller.

Status body

Interesting! The word "Status" has disappeared from the ad.....I wonder if he's had a call from someone?!
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Yes that is interesting, I can't think of another reason for the change.
R
robedwar
Posted 18 years ago
He very probably has had a message! I saw this bass on ebay but was a little suspicious of it's origins. Never heard of Status selling bodies and necks only and wondered why a bass from 86 hadn't been built up. So decided to email Rob Green at Status, here's the reply I got:

"I think you will find that the bass parts for sale are all our old, bent rejects from nearly 20 years ago.
Don't go near them and tell everyone else not to touch them"

So there you go, glad I emailed Rob first! Hopefully this has warned everyone else off as well!
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks for the info! I was considering buying it :O
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
This reminds me of a true story from a few years ago. There was a guy who was selling a couple of unfinished bass body assemblies on eBay. To make a long story short the owner of the company (very well known but relatively small US company) contacted authorities who were able to determine the bodies had been stolen out of the factory a number of years earlier, and the guy selling them had in fact worked there. The last I heard he was being procecuted for theft.

Not to imply these are stolen or anything like that. I guess you just never know what might turn up on eBay. :D
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Mr. Moo has been in contact with the seller so maybe he'll chime in when he has a chance. :)

RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Actually I have no real interest one way or the other. And of course there are two sides to every story. :)
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
One can't be too sure of things when all you have are type written words to rely on. ;) So I wanted to be clear that I had no stake in the outcome and hadn't pre-judged the seller. :) I try to avoid being misundertood when possible.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I guess we could discuss this for weeks but for me it's very simple. My loyalties lie with Rob Green and that's that! If Rob changes his mind when he sees exactly what's being sold then i'll have one but if not, i won't.

Now this isn't to say anything about the seller here. I'm sure he's 100% genuine etc. But I know Rob and i trust him.

End of story for me.

We'll see what comes back from Rob.

:)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator