Kajagoogoo - Space Cadet

Last updated on 14 years ago
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Nice new song form this very underrated band. Cracking bass line played by Nick Beggs, one of my favourite bass players. Must convince him to use Status...B)

Check it out here:

[movie=youtube]hirI6EwR7MY[/movie]
Edited by andre on 03-12-2009 20:53, 14 years ago
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks André!!:)
L
Lynottfan
Posted 14 years ago
that is a cracking bass line, I think the Stingray sound is perfect for Mr Beggs actually, so maybe we convince him to go the halfway house, get a Status neck on there boy (I love em!)
Johnny the Fox
T
travelingbassman
Posted 14 years ago
Saw Nick Beggs friday nite and last month playing with The Steve Hackett band and the guy is is awesome.On this tour hes been using a Rickenbacker through the TC electronics rebel head 450 and the the vertical2x12 and 2x10 TC cabs.Fretless jazz and ofcourse the chapman stick !,great sound,brilliant band,theres a rumour SH may add some more dates to the tour in the new year,if so go see the show and see a great bass player at work and a phenominal drummer in Gary oTool.cheers()
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Lol! Pretty cool vid for a bunch of old timers! That Nick sure gets about. Doesn't he paint too? I remember him selling his art on a web page somewhere.( I did say ART):D

He often gigs with Howard Jones and I believe he is a local lad....to me anyway...Leighton Buzzard I think although he probably lives in the posh bit!

Interesting bass sound, it's still very much the original sound he had too.
franfran
Posted 14 years ago
() cool tune, didnt know they are still around. thanks for sharing stefono.
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Great stuff... Do they have a new album out??
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago

moo wrote:

They did an album about 2 years ago, but without Limahl called 'Gone to the Moon'. There is a great track called 'Table for one'. They offered the download of this album for free.

Now they are back with an EP including 4 tunes, one of them is 'Space Cadet', I downloaded the EP yesterday.

I do not know if they are going to make a complete new album, but would be great if this happens.

Anybody who would like to hear more of Nick Beggs great bass playing should look out for Howard Jones' album 'Perform 00', good stuff!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

stenobass wrote:

moo wrote:

They did an album about 2 years ago, but without Limahl called 'Gone to the Moon'. There is a great track called 'Table for one'. They offered the download of this album for free.

Now they are back with an EP including 4 tunes, one of them is 'Space Cadet', I downloaded the EP yesterday.

I do not know if they are going to make a complete new album, but would be great if this happens.

Anybody who would like to hear more of Nick Beggs great bass playing should look out for Howard Jones' album 'Perform 00', good stuff!

Nice one Stefano!

Any chance of getting that free downloaded album to me??

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
Saw Nick Beggs friday nite and last month playing with The Steve Hackett band and the guy is is awesome.On this tour hes been using a Rickenbacker through the TC electronics rebel head 450 and the the vertical2x12 and 2x10 TC cabs.Fretless jazz and ofcourse the chapman stick !,great sound,brilliant band,theres a rumour SH may add some more dates to the tour in the new year,if so go see the show and see a great bass player at work and a phenominal drummer in Gary oTool.cheers()

I hope Hackett does do some more dates as he didn't come anywhere near me this time. I've always loved his playing and with Nick Beggs in the band, what could be better.
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 14 years ago
Did someone say Rebelhead 450?
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
Edited by Phantom NIN on 04-12-2009 13:17, 14 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Nice one Stefano ! I like it !!
sirmoogsirmoog
Posted 14 years ago
Love Kajagoogoo... Cracking new song.. agreed... very underrated band and a very underrated bass player.
img194.imageshack.us/img194/6496/ubd3904.png
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
'Space Cadet' is such an apt title for Nick Beggs... He is 100% off his rocker!!

Superb bassist though.

Really loving that track!
E
energystream
Posted 14 years ago
I've always admired Mr Beggs' playing.

Is it me or does anyone here a lot of L42 in this track!
Edited by energystream on 05-12-2009 16:35, 14 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Very nice tune and very punchy bass line !
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
strattybassstrattybass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago

energystream wrote:

i thought that too!
Kingbass Black beauty
Kingbass Black beauty para
GB rumour
line 6 helix
TC Electronic Effects
tc rh450 head
tc 2x10 cab
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

stratty wrote:

energystream wrote:

i thought that too!

Actually, for me the song & bass are 110% Kajagoogoo! It's exactly how Nick Beggs has always played 4 string even the tone and effects!!

I have to say, the girl on there who has the handcuffs on is very very cute!!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
That's interesting taste you have in girls(?) there moo. :|
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

BassBus wrote:
That's interesting taste you have in girls(?) there moo. :|

hahaha... Glad someone noticed!!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator