New Live Album

Last updated on 15 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Sound clips please!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I ordered mine Tuesday night, I will try to post a clip as soon as I can. POA will be the great one to hear!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
The KB-MKII sounds great, especially on the instrumental tracks. Regarding some of the other tracks, I don't think it's a case of the KB-MKII being masked by the sequencer etc, but more a case of the level of the bass in the overall mix. Overall I think it sounds great with a nice track selection on it. A great memento to those you seen them live on the 2008/09 tour. Looking forward to the DVD in a few months!! :D
EdmoukEdmouk
Posted 15 years ago

Retroron wrote:I don't think it's a case of the KB-MKII being masked by the sequencer etc, but more a case of the level of the bass in the overall mix.

I think that's what I meant but didn't express it properly !
One last thing about the CD, is it me or most of the tempos have slowed down ?!
Edited by Edmouk on 13-06-2009 02:51, 15 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Just recieved my copy, sounds great!

Brought back the feeling of the O2 concert, especially Mr Pink being played at such a fast tempo that it almost seemed Gary was having difficulty keeping up to Mark, lol. And....of course POA, the bass sounds so incredibly good, a combination of tones from every bass we all like. Nice to see Sir Rob Green mentioned in the "Thanks to..." section.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:

Brought back the feeling of the O2 concert, especially Mr Pink being played at such a fast tempo that it almost seemed Gary was having difficulty keeping up to Mark, lol. And....of course POA, the bass sounds so incredibly good, a combination of tones from every bass we all like. Nice to see Sir Rob Green mentioned in the "Thanks to..." section.

I don't remember you at the O2 gig!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Nor do i !!!!
franfran
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:

Todd wrote:

I don't remember you at the O2 gig!!

good thing i have photoshoped you guys :D,
moo, it's the beginning of alzheimer, thats ok @ your age ;)
i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/franbam42/DSC06026.jpg
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Maybe your right Fran, he is already wearing the "Mr Rogers" sweaters!!

:D:D:D
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Oh Christ..... 2 more names added to 'the list'!
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Got the 2-CD last night by the way .... not bad at all !!!
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
I went ahead and ordered it today even though I was a little reluctant to. I've got pretty much everything ever recorded by Level 42, released and unreleased, but I figure since everyone here (well almost) seems to think the album is top notch I'd go ahead and get a copy.

I'm holding you all responsible if I don't like it :D!!
franfran
Posted 15 years ago
very good sound, looking forward to the dvd in 8.1 :D
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

youngjr1 wrote:

I'm holding you all responsible if I don't like it :D!!

If your not happy with it, come and see me personally and I'll buy you a beer! :D:D:D
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Good sound indeed! Sadly without any noise from the crowd...
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Really enjoying the groovy version of Forever Now ;)
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
The Pursuit of Accident is my absolute favourite. What a great idea bringing it back !

Great track selection, great sound but I agree with Stefano, if it's live I like to hear the crowd. Makes you feel there.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Edited by enzo on 22-06-2009 14:38, 15 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Does anyone have an image of this head from the Retroglide album?

www.statii.com/infusions/forum/infusions/forum/attachments/l42_live-in-holland-cd-front.jpg
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 22-06-2009 10:18, 15 years ago
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Alright! You're all off the hook :D. As if I had a doubt at all. Really enjoying the CDs.
I guess I have to get my own beer Todd...oh wait, what's this in my hand? Ah yes I already did, a Guinness mmmmm.
(hey, how cool is it that Guinness is actually in the spell check ()).
I'm gonna get the first round when we doth meet!

I'd have to agree that some crowd sounds would have definitely helped the album a bit (especially during the call and reply of "Turn It On" ), but its excellent nonetheless. The MKII does sound very "snappy" too.
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Is this what your after Todd?
You do not have access to view attachments
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator