Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Hi from the Netherlands - Eventually looking to by a 5 string.

Posted by gklijs on 18-01-2021 22:35

Hi, I decided I wanted to pick up playing bass again. Before I used the 'game' Rocksmith a lot. Thought I made lot of progress, but when playing with an amp it sounded pretty horrible. So this time I'm staying away from Rocksmith, at least for now. Working though Hal Leonard Bass Method - Complete Edition, and really liking it again. Currently using a Yamaha TRBX 304 CAR, but dreaming of a 5 string Status. I also like Metal / Rock, and often they use a detuned 4 string. Which I did also with Rocksmith, but I don't like the reduced tension of the strings. Also learning the notes now, so want to keep it just in tune, else it gets confusing. Really like the idea of using a Graphite neck, or even whole graphite bass. Thinking about a Streamline, but I don't really need it to be compact, and the limited toning options might me regret it in the long run. Then again it's a slippery slope and I quite like Muse, so a Chris Wolstenholme Woven Chrome seems pretty amazing. For now I'm making an afford to train at least once each day, as it only makes sense to make such an investment if I will be using it a lot.