Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Need Help with the different Status Body Shapes

Posted by cecoulter on 11-05-2019 09:41

Dear All, I am little bit confused about the differences in the Status body shapes. Maybe it is because I have seen too many “Google Images “ of the different Status basses. On the S-2 model, is there a slight difference in the body shape of the headed model vs. The headless model. It seems that on a lot of pics I see, the upper and lower horns are slightly “rounded” on the headed models (which I like much better)... Am I correct is it just an optical illusion? Also seeing that the current S-3 model has slightly rounded upper and lower horns that make it look a lot closer to the current Stealth model? Or is that just an illusion created by the arch top? The Stealth is my FAVORITE body shape but I am not sure I want an all-graphite bass... Please help as I am trying to decided which model to get and I am a little hesitant about ordering an S-2 because of the sharp angles on the upper and longer horns. Many thanks in advance! -Chris