Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Popular Bass models

Posted by ghostwood on 27-09-2018 21:37

Hi Jezzy B Just been reading your discussion with bassbus and Bassfan. I'm no 'expert' but I echo everything they've said with one, I think important, addition.... We all agree that you can't beat a Status in terms of build quality and flexibility, and most models can produce a decent emulation of most 'sounds' depending on your playing style, the type of strings, amp, etc. However, if you're going to invest the sort of money needed to buy a Status then personally I think you also need to love it when you look at it so you want to pick it up and play it. For me a good bass is as much a work of art than an instrument. it can be the most high quality, technically perfect bass in the world but if you don't like the look and feel of it you won't have that need to pick it up and play it, and thats a very personal thing. For some people its a classic precision, for me its a Status S2 Over the years I have been lucky enough to collect some classic basses... An early Warwick, 60's Jazz bass, Stingray, Aria SB, but its my 2 Statii that 'call to me' to play them. So much so that the Aria and Stingray have been sold in favour of a third Status that's due from Rob and Dawn in the next few days (fingers crossed!) #Excited! Grin