Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Popular Bass models

Posted by Bassfan on 24-09-2018 06:41

Hi Jezzy, I was also in your position today, not knowing a great deal other than listening to people who own and play status basses. To accurately replicate anyone’s “sound” then you’d need to accurately replicate their amps, cabs, pedals, strings as well as their bass. Every artist you mentioned above plays a different style and type of bass, Status’s, Warwick’s, fenders, modulus, Stenback, 4 strings and 5 strings basses. I was fortunate enough to play a status today and would echo what pm says above, try before you buy ( I appreciate that’s not always possible) I can confidently say that the Status is a truly versatile instrument with a huge variation in sounds it can produce. Even more so with their parametric system. Personally I thought I wanted a series 3, but I’m a jazz bass player normally and found the s2 was a better fit for me, the T bass is even closer to a jazz body shape. The king bass is a wider body again it’s really down to personal choice. There’s lots more guys and gals on here with more status experience than me but I thought I’d offer my opinion Smile

Edited by Bassfan on 24-09-2018 07:12