Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: New Series 3, 5 string, headless!

Posted by Matt Morgan on 02-03-2016 08:38

I'm now one of the unfortunates who has to endure the long wait for his Status. I've got a Series 3 in the works: Headless 5 string Highly figured Movingui top Vintage tint/burst (color and depth at Rob's discretion) Mahogany body (dark stained to contrast the faux binding) White wrap-around LEDs Gold hardware It's going to be a long wait. Oh well, it gives me time to sell another bass and put in my order for a fretless Stealth 5 string!!

Posted by bassbus on 02-03-2016 09:48

Nice way to join a forum. That bass certainly won't disappoint. My S3 is the best bass I have ever played, even up against my Overwater and ACG. The time will fly by.

Posted by Matt Morgan on 02-03-2016 13:45

I've been playing for (dear God) 30 years now and I've wanted a Status for ages. The exchange rate just hit a spectacular point (for us here in the US!) and I had a few financial things fall into place. Not kidding about the Stealth fretless either! As soon as I sell one other bass I have on hand, that order is going in that day!

Posted by Matt Morgan on 17-05-2016 00:38

I just received an email from Mr. Green. My Series 3 will ship tomorrow! I will post pics upon its arrival.

Posted by Danny on 20-05-2016 21:49

Right Matt, what the bloody hell is going on, you are 3 days late on those pictures.....Put the ruddy thing down and get the camera out!!

Posted by bassbus on 21-05-2016 03:33

Eee! did you have a bad gig last night Danny? Grin You are right of course.

Posted by Matt Morgan on 22-05-2016 07:13

I see someone needs a little more fiber in their diet. Let's see if this works. i68.tinypic.com/zlz19e.jpg i65.tinypic.com/2prwhsn.jpg i63.tinypic.com/2pr8mix.jpg i65.tinypic.com/2czca5i.jpg

Edited by Matt Morgan on 24-04-2024 18:24

Posted by Rogiarte on 22-05-2016 10:14

Excelent choice Matt !

Posted by moo on 22-05-2016 12:02

Stunner... Well done!!!

Posted by bassbus on 22-05-2016 23:12

I love these pictures even if Mcafee doesn't. I think the Series 3 is Rob's finest design and that is an extra special example. Clap

Posted by Danny on 25-05-2016 00:19

Ahh, absolutley exquisite! That is the kind of fibre (carbon) I need! Just remember people who order new basses, our wait is longer (to see the darn thing!) Actually didn't someone do a step by step once from the delivery guy to opening the case?? That was funny.

Posted by me4bass on 25-05-2016 08:03

A photo from Rob's cellar, shot while he was making Matt's bass. S3-Lava 5-string i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/Me4Bass/Statii/lava_zpslyb2rxc4.jpg

Posted by Matt Morgan on 25-05-2016 11:37

I'll admit, the top is pretty dramatic. When I first unpacked it, it was a cloudy afternoon and indoors. I was pleased with the top and the finish. Then, later in the day, I turned on the lights and took these shots with a flash and BOOM...LAVA!! Under lights the top really shows its 3D nature and the finish really lights up.

Posted by bassbus on 25-05-2016 20:37

I wonder if that is Rob's secret? I remember when I opened the case to my S2 in 2008 I was hugely disappointed. I had ordered a Quilt Maple and it looked like plane Maple. Took it out the case and moved it around in the light and it came alive. Very subtle in some lights but in the right light it just shimmers.

Posted by Matt Morgan on 28-05-2016 13:43

Beyond the looks of this bass, there is the amazing tone and effortless playability. i've had some time with it now and have had some genuine eye opening, "Holy S#!t" moments. This thing punches and growls like nothing I've played in the last 30 years. I knew it would sound good, but this level of awesome is something I really wasn't expecting. The really impressive thing is that you get all of the clarity, definition and sustain combined with that punch and growl. It is really something unique!! I really wanted the Status for the headless ergonomics. What I didn't expect was that the overall playing position would be so comfortable and natural. I find that the instrument is shifted or more centered on the body than most basses. My left arm and fretting hand are more close to my body, far less fatigued after a long session and the relaxed playing position facilitates smoother and faster position changes and overall playing. My plucking hand is shifted closer to my hip and again is much less fatigued as well. The ergonomics are just fantastic and obviously a great deal of time and effort went into the design. The bass just "fits"! The incredible tone combined with this level of comfort make this an amazing instrument. There is a reason they are the stuff of legend. I know I'm "preaching to the choir" but for anyone reading these threads (like I did for years), if you have any doubts or questions...set them aside and JUST GET ONE.

Posted by enzo on 29-05-2016 00:54

Plain awesome bass Matt, congrats!