Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: New Series 3, 5 string, headless!

Posted by Matt Morgan on 28-05-2016 13:43

Beyond the looks of this bass, there is the amazing tone and effortless playability. i've had some time with it now and have had some genuine eye opening, "Holy S#!t" moments. This thing punches and growls like nothing I've played in the last 30 years. I knew it would sound good, but this level of awesome is something I really wasn't expecting. The really impressive thing is that you get all of the clarity, definition and sustain combined with that punch and growl. It is really something unique!! I really wanted the Status for the headless ergonomics. What I didn't expect was that the overall playing position would be so comfortable and natural. I find that the instrument is shifted or more centered on the body than most basses. My left arm and fretting hand are more close to my body, far less fatigued after a long session and the relaxed playing position facilitates smoother and faster position changes and overall playing. My plucking hand is shifted closer to my hip and again is much less fatigued as well. The ergonomics are just fantastic and obviously a great deal of time and effort went into the design. The bass just "fits"! The incredible tone combined with this level of comfort make this an amazing instrument. There is a reason they are the stuff of legend. I know I'm "preaching to the choir" but for anyone reading these threads (like I did for years), if you have any doubts or questions...set them aside and JUST GET ONE.