Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Status Energy 5

Posted by Dragan on 26-10-2015 19:50

Hi everyone! Not sure if I am breaking some rule as this is my first post and should I do it in "new members" section. However,if not,here it is: Recently I bought Status Energy 5 strings. It is a very good bass in every way,and I am very happy with it. I would love to know about the pick ups, I see they are active (or hyperactive) but are they humbuckers or dual coils? What about electronics - is there some trim pots I should know about in a cavity? It is very simple set up - pan pot,vol and tone, how's your settings? For the moment I tend to favourize bridge pick up a bit and roll off tone slightly. I was long time Fender player (and still am,but for the moment Status gets most the gigs) and I played my P and J through Aguilar tone hammer preamp in order to give them more muscle or tone shaping. I think I will leave Aguilar for now as I dont like it in combo with Status pre. I will just add compression in my signal. I will add photos as soon as I get them. My Status is natural ash, very light and beautiful with rosewood fingerboard. It has black hardware,and I luuuv black hardware on a bass guitar! OK,that's for now, any input would be greatly appreciated,thanx! Dragan

Edited by Dragan on 27-04-2024 03:55