Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Refinish Status Energy 5 Walnut

Posted by BLUNDERTHUMBS on 31-07-2012 19:49

Aarts wrote: Yesterday I have disassembled the Energy 5, sanded it and refinished it ones Before disassembling: home.solcon.nl/aart.saly/images/Energy/03.jpg After disassembling you can see this project is no luxury.: home.solcon.nl/aart.saly/images/Energy/Finish1.jpg First I sanded it with sandpaper grid 80, then with 180, then with 400 en finally I polished it with extra fine steel wool. home.solcon.nl/aart.saly/images/Energy/Finish2.jpg Jeez. The neck on this thing is horrible !!!!Sad Then I bought polyurethaan glue from Bison: www.bison.nl/static/resized/products/assets/asset_9235_4.gif.270x330_q95_autocrop.png I rubbed the body with a polishing cloth firmly with this glue to achieve a matte finish. However its turned out darker than I wished I'm very pleased with the result: home.solcon.nl/aart.saly/images/Energy/Finish3.jpg Today I'm going to treat it again. This glue is a real brilliant idea I heart from a dutch bass builder and its very easy to process (first tried it on a loose piece of wood): home.solcon.nl/aart.saly/images/Energy/Finish4.jpg