Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: My Talent Boosters

Posted by Danny on 20-09-2013 23:30

Oh no. I've done it again. I had never really explored the realms of octave pedals and I read a review how Pino used one on most of the Paul Young recordings, think his was a Boss OC-2 anyway, playing five string on most things I do these days I had been playing a 'four string' bass line on my five that lacked a little. For some daft reason I just couldn't get it to transfer to a five string line....so I explored the octaver pedal route. Wow, I have to say I was amazed......and how funky these sound, well even on a blues rock B line! So I checked out the Boss OC-3, sounded too digital, checked out the EBS, loved it but settled on Mark Bass as it offered two octaves that you can blend, this is something unless you go boutique you can't get.i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/DannyBaylis/d0f96b73-8567-4806-bc0f-79a6610bb51b_zpsaa0afcbc.jpg Deep and very good at tracking even low notes on a 5 string, this has lifted my game yet again!