Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: My Strata Guitar

Posted by Eddie L on 18-06-2008 20:53

Hi All, I thought you guys might be interested to see this. I bought in when I was a student from an even more impoverished friend back in about 1995. I had no idea what it was and bought it on the basis that it looked funky and played beautifully. I think I paid £400 at the time. I have just had it cleaned up as the brass was pretty badly tarnished after most of the lacquer had worn off. However given its age it is in great nick. It has a similar config. to the GMT Status Guitar on an earlier thread, except this one has three 'single coils' and a five-way selector (nob nearest neck). I was going to ask where to find the serial number but I think I found it on the plate on the 'head'. If that is it then it is no. 29. I have thought about selling it as I have more than enough equipment for my meagre musical career, although I am resurrecting it slightly at the moment. However, it is almost unique and I don't think I would see another one, let alone own one again! So I'm in two minds. Plus it plays so well...