Lipstick pickup for 5-string Shark

Last updated on 17 years ago
M
MrWalker
Posted 17 years ago
I have been looking around for the 5-string lipstick (Jazz) to upgrade my Shark 5 with a pickup in the bridge position. There are no lipsticks currently in production for 5-stringers.
However, Ben at WD UK will contact the Kent Armstrong factory and check if they can make a lipstick 5-string Jazz pickup. This would be an ideal upgrade for the single-pickup Shark 5 with the chrome pickup.

If anyone else is interested in such an upgrade, please PM me. :)

Cheers,
Jon-I
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
If you don't mind exposed pole pieces www.baspartsresource.com do 5 string Seymour Duncan jazz pickups. Reasonable prices and cheap shipping as well. I've had stuff from them before and it has always arrived quickly with their standard shipping.
M
MrWalker
Posted 17 years ago
Thanks for the tip!
You're right, they have great prices. And exposed pole pieces doesn't worry me, either. But what's putting me off is the cover... I think it would look a lot nicer if the bridge pickup had a chrome cover, like the "main" pickup. That's why I've been searching for a lipstick. :) Waiting for feedback from Kent Armstrong if they can produce it or not :)
And the prices were not that bad, either. £60 each (plus shipping, of course).
Edited by MrWalker on 11-12-2006 04:33, 17 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Fair enough. I have seen lots of guitar ones but never a 5 string bass one. Good luck tracking one down.
M
MrWalker
Posted 17 years ago

status wrote:
Fair enough. I have seen lots of guitar ones but never a 5 string bass one. Good luck tracking one down.

We'll see :)
It may turn out to be to expenssive, though... If it is, then the Jazz pickups you pointed out seems to be a great value for the money!! Thanks for the link!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator