Status 4000: Care, Maintenance, and Documentation

Last updated on 3 years ago
S
stbaldwi
Posted 3 years ago
Hello Statii:
I am a new member, and I would confidently bet I am the worst bassist in the entire organisation.
I've just got my Status 4000 bass out of its case for the first time in years. A magnificent machine that really deserves a better owner...

My questions revolve around the specs for the guitar, and best practices for care and maintenance.
I bought it second-hand over two decades ago. It has no documentation. I'm not even sure what the controls do. [I have a Fender precision which is easy - just two knobs!]

I contacted Status who had no documentation on the bass either, and they pushed me in your direction!
If anyone out there can fill in any of these gaping gaps in my knowledge, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
What about the batteries for the pickups? It sounded pretty feeble after years of inactivity - but new batteries transformed everything. I presume the batteries should remain in-place? Or are they continually being connected/disconnected as the guitar is played or not played?

Basically anything anyone knows about the 4000 would be new to me. Thanks in advance!

On the subject of the Fender, that of course does not have battery pickups. But it too sounded quite feeble.
Pickups do not last forever do they? Any advice on pickup replacement/renewal? How long they last, recommendations for new ones...

Best regards
Steve
andreandre
Admin
Posted 3 years ago
Hello Steve,

Did you take a look at our other site https://www.statii-catalogues.com?

There is a spec sheet for the S4000 which may help here https://www.statii-catalogues.com/pro...4000-specs

I am sure other members will chip it to help.

Best
Andre
Edited by andre on 14-05-2021 00:39, 3 years ago
M
Martthebass
Posted 3 years ago
I wouldn’t worry about the pickups, in general usage they should last the lifetime of the bass.
S
stbaldwi
Posted 3 years ago
Andre, Martthebass:
Many thanks for your advice/info.

Good stuff.
Best regards
Steve
pmpm
Posted 3 years ago
Concerning the battery...if you disconnect the plug out of the bass the battery is disconnected...but after years the battery is empty due to the normal discharging of the battery.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator