Empathy / Series 2

Last updated on 4 years ago
E
energy3542
Posted 5 years ago
Hi everybody,
I know it sounds weird but what is the difference between Empathy and Series 2 ?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 5 years ago
Wood and electronics!!

Just a little bit more special!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
E
energy3542
Posted 5 years ago
Thanks Moo!
If you take the page 3 brochure of 1998 catalogue hosted on this site (http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/3/cat_1998status_page03.jpg), my bass looks pretty much like the figured maple Empathy but it has different pots' style (same number and position but different material).
If you take this other catalogue page (http://www.statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/17/right%20side.jpg) Series 2 and Empathy look really similar, the only difference I find is the "very choicest body wood" and the "9 coats of high gloss finish" on the Empathy.
Electronics are the same.
Do you confirm these are the only difference?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 4 years ago

energy3542 wrote:
Thanks Moo!
If you take the page 3 brochure of 1998 catalogue hosted on this site (http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/3/cat_1998status_page03.jpg), my bass looks pretty much like the figured maple Empathy but it has different pots' style (same number and position but different material).
If you take this other catalogue page (http://www.statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/17/right%20side.jpg) Series 2 and Empathy look really similar, the only difference I find is the "very choicest body wood" and the "9 coats of high gloss finish" on the Empathy.
Electronics are the same.
Do you confirm these are the only difference?

Apart from that example in Catalogue 17 there were 2 differences between a Series II and an Empathy.

1/ Empathy had 11 piece body compared to the 7 piece of the Series II (basically book matched on the back too)

2/ Upgraded electronics. The series II had 4 pots (Vol, Pickup, Bass/Treble cut & boost). The Empathy had very a early parametric EQ setup with either 3 pots at the bottom or the standard 4 pots with 2 'doubles'!

I've actually never seen a Series II with Empathy electronics from that time and I'm thinking it might have been something Rob did exclusively with a distributor in Japan (as this brochure is in Yen).
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
E
energy3542
Posted 4 years ago
Wow!
Thanks Moo, you are a truly Stauts connaisseur.
May I ask a last question, given that from your signature I can see that you have a couple of Empathy basses?
Central tone is walnut.
Book matched top and back is figured maple.
Body is mahogany.
What is the other thin slice of wood between maple and mahogany?
I know you know...
;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.