Two more on order, lessons learned

Last updated on 4 years ago
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 5 years ago
Having learning some valuable "the grass is always greener" lessons and experimenting with some other basses, I've come back to Status Graphite.

I put in an order for two Series III, headless, neck through, 5 string basses.

The first is a fretted with an alder body, highly figured ash top, black hardware and white wrap around LEDs.

The second is a fretless with an alder body, carbon fiber front and back, black hardware and a micro-lined fingerboard with red wrap around LEDs.

As always, Dawn and Rob have been fantastic during the ordering process and once again, the wait begins!

I look forward to the basses being completed around Christmas and I'll post pics when they arrive.

All the best to Status players everywhere!
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 5 years ago
I received an email from Dawn a few days ago saying that my basses are already out of the spray/finish process and are in the assembly phase.
It may only be a couple more week until they're ready to ship!
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 5 years ago
A couple more weeks? Nope.
Dawn emailed me this morning that they will be shipping out TODAY.
I can't believe how quickly this process went.
The bass building gods must have smiled upon me. This process took less than 10 weeks.
Amazing.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 4 years ago
Fantastic ! Please do post lots of pictures when you get them !!!
JeroenJeroen
Posted 4 years ago
What he said! Specs sound killer, I'm especially curious about the fretless.
Lefty

S2 Classic 5-string headless, black sparkle
S2 Classic 4-string headless, pure white, Roman numeral inlays
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 4 years ago
Both basses were shipped expeditiously from the UK to the US.
Then the problems started.

US Customs has had them since last Friday night. I had to submit a Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) statement via email to FedEx basically stating that I wasn't trying to import uranium, nerve gas, killer bees, human organs or any other hazardous material. I did that Saturday afternoon.

Dawn at Status also called and emailed FedEx over the weekend to verify that she had included 5 copies of all required international shipping documents and TSCA information.

Moving at the blazing speed of typical US Government employees, the paperwork apparently just got through to the Customs agents this afternoon.

At this rate, I may see them by the end of the month.
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 4 years ago
Ok, I stand corrected.

I just received a barrage of emails from FedEx stating that the packages had cleared US Customs and are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I'm cautiously optimistic!

Tomorrow could be a really, really good day.

More to follow.
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 4 years ago
Both basses arrived in pristine condition this morning.
Pics will follow later today.

My initial impressions are hard to express in words. I didn't think it would be possible to improve on my last two but these basses are simply amazing and show that Rob is focused on continual improvement of his products.

There are several subtle improvements that just make the basses even better. The LED system, pre-amp and electronics, fit and finish all show show subtle but noticeable improvements.

Did I mention that the basses arrived in perfect tune? I plugged them in to my Peterson strobe tuner and they were both flawlessly in tune!
I couldn't believe it!

More impressions and pics will follow later today.

Thanks again to Rob, Dawn and all at Status Graphite!
M
Matt Morgan
Posted 4 years ago
Pics are posted in the "Show off your Statii's" thread!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator