Hello from US/Japan/Belgium

Last updated on 4 years ago
Posted 5 years ago
Hello Status community!

Just singed up, and wanted to say hi.
Proud owner of serial number 229, bought it recently in Japan.

I used to own '93 Series 2 and also used to own the 5 string bass Mark used in the Guaranteed Live video (sold to Morgan).
Wish i kept all of my basses, but you know the usual story, life, family, work, etc...

Anyways, now i am living in Belgium on temporary basis, wish to visit more Level 42 shows if possible, and hope to communicate with other euro members!

BTW, i used to be pretty active in Level 42 digest community back in the early 90s, maybe some of you here remember me from that time??

Takeo
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 5 years ago
Hi Takeo

Welcome to our little forum. Everyone's very nice... Apart from Andre, he's nasty!!!

:D

Glad you've got a nice old Series II. You have #229 and I have #230!

Can we get a picture?

moo
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Posted 5 years ago
Hello moo !
i think the shop i bought it from, still have pics up on their page, here's the link.

http://shop.geekinbox.jp/?pid=143582758

You have #230!?!?! That's awesome! What type of top do you have on yours? Mine is mystery to me... looks like a rosewood or some sort of dark wood, I've seen these 'yellow streaks' on the cocobolo before, but i doubt mine is that....maybe??
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 5 years ago

Flying thumb wanna be wrote:
Hello moo !
i think the shop i bought it from, still have pics up on their page, here's the link.

http://shop.geekinbox.jp/?pid=143582758

You have #230!?!?! That's awesome! What type of top do you have on yours? Mine is mystery to me... looks like a rosewood or some sort of dark wood, I've seen these 'yellow streaks' on the cocobolo before, but i doubt mine is that....maybe??

Yup, that’s nice!

Those yellow bits are sap wood. Straight grain tends to be rosewood rather than cocobolo. Lovely bass either way.

My #230 is probably my very fav old Status to play. So easy!

Well done, enjoy!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 5 years ago
Hi Takeo
Welcome to our little forum. Everyone's very nice... Apart from moo, he's nasty!!!

:D
Posted 5 years ago
Thanks moo!!!
Yes, i think it is not cocobolo like you said, i used to own an Alembic with cocobolo and even the most straight grained cocobolo is not that straight.
I have to say, when I first played this bass, it just felt the same as the '93 I had. Over the years, I've owned a lot of basses and I'm pretty confident that Status headless graphite neck is the one for me.

Now, i am really wanting to try out the S2 Classic headless graphite thru neck version with the Bendwell. I'm big fan of medium scale basses and this is really tempting.

Do you know if Status factory has basses on display to try on? Since I live in Belgium right now, I might take this opportunity to make the pilgrimage to the birth place.

Anyone been to the factory??

Andre-san: thanks for your warm welcome!! moo-san has been very nice, it's sad that forum isn't all that active, but given the scale of fan base, i guess it’s understandable.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 5 years ago
[quote]Flying thumb wanna be wrote:
Do you know if Status factory has basses on display to try on? Since I live in Belgium right now, I might take this opportunity to make the pilgrimage to the birth place.

Anyone been to the factory?? [quote]

Hi Takeo, I am sure like many others, I have been to the factory when I went to collect my Kingbass, they are lovely people, even got a cup of tea :) . I was obviously there to collect my order, however they did have a number of other basses, some I am sure were customers, but some I recognised as the stock basses advertised at the time on the website. I would imagine if you are serious about ordering, they would let you visit (as it is appointment only) but I am sure would not be able to guarantee that a particular model would be available for you to try. However, if this is the case maybe you could try a number of basses that have the elements you are looking at?

The bass amps (A Trace Elliot rig and a TC rig as they were when I visited) are in Robs lab, as are the basses being finished, so given he is a critical part of a small business they might hurry you along, but it is understandable. You can always call them and find out.

Good luck to you
Posted 5 years ago
Garbo-san,

Thank you!
OK, as I finalize my thoughts, I'll contact Rob-san and see what he thinks.
My main concern is the space b/w string and body b/w the edge/end of the fingerboard and the neck pickup. If it is the same as the older Series 2, then no issue, but from the picture, it looks there's more space.

Anyways, I'll ring him a call and figure out !!

BTW, I just came back from my first Level 42 show in Europe in Holland. It was a short 1h show but man! that was awesome! His T-bass sounded super nice as well.
H
haiha
Posted 4 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator