What model is it????? :)

Last updated on 6 years ago
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Hello,
I just bought this one and I'm so happy of it:D
Can you help me because I' don't know exactly what model is and how are set the controls........ :o
Thanks to anyone who will help me...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/153445552@N06/7237x1
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
It looks like it might be an Eclipse Artist. It also looks as if the preamp might have been changed. Is there any chance of a photo of the inside of the control cavity?
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
The other alternative would be an Energy Artist with a new preamp. Again, a photo of the cavity would help.
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks Bassbus!!
These are the two options I thought.
In the evening I will post the preamp.
I also wrote to Rob but I didn't have answer.
My first option is an Eclipse but I can't understand by the photos on Statii resources....
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
I think it is more likely the Energy Artist as the Eclypse has the little switch by the bridge. Whatever, I'd say the preamp has been changed.
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Here the internal:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm91aPHJ
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
I might be wrong but that doesn't look to be a standard Status preamp. I think it has had an extra control knob drilled in. It will be a very fine bass though. Again, I'd say an Energy Artist with a new preamp.
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks!!
What is the main difference between Energy and Eclipse?
I thought it was an Eclipse because of the 4 control knobs...
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
Status preamps are usually on fixed boards not loose like yours. The Eclypse has a small switch which I don't remember the use. Probably a mid switch of sorts. The Eclypse control layout is different to yours. The three inner knobs on yours follow the pattern of an Energy with the added pot nearest the edge of the body. Have a look at the pics in 'Catalogues & more' above.

I've always though that a preamp upgrade would make an Energy a fantastic bass to have. The original Energy pre only had an active treble control, no bass or mid controls, so your pre should make the bass top notch. It certainly looks a good buy.
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Yes, I have a master volume (I can pull up the knob I think to switch from "active" to "passive" mode), a blender, for PU, a sort of midrange booster and the double knob on the edge that cut/boost hi and low.
The sound is impressive, very "present" and warm but, with some adjustment, I can find a similar sound of my 4003 Ric... I think I've been lucky... :D
Posted 6 years ago
that pre is seymour duncan STC-3P
G
Giolog72
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks!!!!!!!!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator