bad back to bass

Last updated on 6 years ago
G
Gjamer
Posted 6 years ago
Hi fellow bottom enders, new member here. After quite a few years lay off from playing bass, I've decided to re-focus my acoustic endeavours back to the four string. The main reason for the lay off being spinal surgery and a permanently weakened back/left leg....blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm currently considering a few models to buy, but should really be thinking practical and looking for something light weight. Currently chasing an Ibanez SR4000e, but I also spotted a lovely looking status s3000 which I'm thinking should be a bit lighter than the norm and more practical to weild should I ever venture out into pub rock land. I want something that has good tonal variety and lends itself to that "toppy/slappy" sound, is light weight and easy to throw around, good quality build. Budget £800 max. Thought it worth asking for advice here before I empty my wallet, as I have been informed that some status models can weight quite a bit. . Hopefully someone can recommend a few good online second hand dealers as well.

Cheers
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
Well a streamline will offer you all those things, not too many used kicking around but I'm sure you'll find one on the usual bass forums. Are you UK based??
G
Gjamer
Posted 6 years ago
yeh, based in N Wales
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 6 years ago
I can't say what would suit you, but I can tell you to avoid an S4000. I have one and it's a great bass and you'll get a mint version for around £600, but due to the composite body, its like strapping on a coffee table! Really heavy!

Actually a Shark (active version) is often good value, tonally is very good and it's a small light bass. Often overlooked I find, but anyone I have heard who has owned one seems to regret selling it on. I picked mine up for less than £400. Good luck
D
DrDAV
Posted 6 years ago
Streamline 32"/16.5mm without a doubt is your best answer.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.