Shipping your bass

Last updated on 7 years ago
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Hi there,

First, I want to apologize if there's already a topic about that which I didn't find.

As most of the Status basses are in the UK, I'd like to be able to estimate the shipping cost to France, and to know If I have to expect additional taxes.
I checked several basses on eBay located in the UK, but the shipping cost seems to vary a lot from one to the other.

I received a bass from the USA once, and I remember it wasn't that expensive, but I forgot about the cost.

Thanks for your help :)
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 7 years ago
At the moment you should not have to pay extra tax in Europe.

Shipping probably varies ?
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago

Shipping probably varies ?

Yes, maybe it depends on the options you choose... or if you use the traditional post system or a transport firm.
I don't know much about that shipping stuff, especially between the UK and France. That's why I'm asking for advices :)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 7 years ago
I shipped a bass to Germany from the UK with UPS some years ago and that cost me around 140GBP. I'm sure you could get cheaper but that might give you an idea.
Edited by bassbus on 27-01-2017 22:20, 7 years ago
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Thanks for your answer. Yes I thought it could be cheaper, maybe around 100GBP.
pslhpslh
Posted 7 years ago
Last November, I paid around GBP 60 to ship an sII in a hardcase from London to Northern Italy, including insurance, via interparcel.

Paul
KalwynnKalwynn
Posted 7 years ago
Thank you Paul for your feedback.
TheGreekTheGreek
Posted 7 years ago
I sent a bass to Croatia last year using Interparcel.com - cost was around £50. Get the seller to get a free quote from them when you agree a purchase.
Success is no accident, it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. (Pele)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.