Status Buzzard 1: sculpture and technological feat

Last updated on 8 years ago
Alan FourstringsAlan Fourstrings
Posted 8 years ago
Hi all,
so finally, here she is, the old Lady
[img]i.imgur.com/33Terns.jpg[/img]
Beautiful instrument, ultra light and a real piece of art. The sound: HUGE!! I've never heard a bass sound like this. It's... well it's different
from all my other basses, extremely powerful and agressive. To say it cuts through the mix isn't true, it smashes the mix! :D

[img]i.imgur.com/jwaMIJi.jpg[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/MyIE9is.jpg[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/eEitkCr.jpg[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/3sS8Jew.jpg[/img]
Carbon, Carbon, one piece of Carbon !
[img]i.imgur.com/UCK0rX5.jpg[/img]
An old dream became true, and now I am the proud owner of one of the few remaining original Status Buzzards!;)
And this one won't disappear on a wall, behind glass or in a safe: it will be played !!!
I love this instrument, not only in memory of John Entwistle, but this was a real masterpiece of Rob Green, that I deeply respect
and appreciate, - with a very dramatic end that I personally will NEVER forget nor forgive.:@

So here are my 2 Status prototypes. the very early Buzzard B1, and the very first Series 3:
[img]i.imgur.com/gYmoncy.jpg[/img]

[img]i.imgur.com/tQbxRgN.jpg[/img]

And finally, first stage lights for the B1
[img]i.imgur.com/gfnMjiU.jpg[/img]

[img]i.imgur.com/mhs2IZB.jpg[/img]

[img]i.imgur.com/bCzSDSt.jpg[/img]

Thank you Rob for building the best basses ever !!!()()()
Edited by Alan Fourstrings on 21-08-2018 02:42, 6 years ago
LucLuc
Posted 8 years ago
the sound of the Buzzard is like the thunder !
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Very lucky to own them! Moo should sell all his to own one very special one:P Unless the torch is picked up soon we could be entering an era of the end of our beloved basses.

By the way I still have first refusal on that red retro jazz just so's you all know ;)
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 8 years ago
Jealousy is an ugly thing, but I guess I'm just an ugly person, ha ha. A fine collection Alan and I am so glad you are not just hanging them on a wall
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Just wonderful! All those knobs. :o
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Fantastic!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 8 years ago

Luc wrote:
the sound of the Buzzard is like the thunder !

Oh yes they're awesome! They do have a sound that I've never heard before from a bass, very specific and unique. Well I think so!

The sound of an 8-string Buzzard isn't something I can fully describe. Words don't do it justice.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator