Kingbass with a Headstock

Last updated on 8 years ago
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
A mate has had a play with my Kingbass (Std) and asked if Status have ever made a MkI with a headstock, as the MkI body size with a headstock would probably be his ideal bass. He has some cash burning a hole in his pocket and was considering talking to Dawn and Rob, but asked me to ask the wise heads of this forum about it.

So, does anyone know of a Headed MkI Kingbass or even spoken to Status and tried to order one? I would imagine balance would be an issue (hence the reason why the MkII has a larger body).

Any insight or previous experiences would be appreciated
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Yes there have been one or two made so it can be done. I have even seen a picture of a headed KB MkI with tuners at the body end as well.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
Well that's good news for my mate, cheers Bassbus. Oh by the way has your Burl arrived? Ha Ha

Now if anyone has a photo, that would certainly help no end.

Strange though having both sets of tuners, I suppose the body end tuners maybe better for fine tuning, otherwise I cant think why they wouldn't use a standard bridge, surely it would be more stable with one?
EdmoukEdmouk
Posted 9 years ago
A few years ago, I wanted to order a headed MKI, but Rob Green warned me that the few models he had produced tended to neck-dive. ;)
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
Cheers for the info Edmouk. I thought that might be the case, hence why the MkII has a bigger body to counteract the headstock weight.

I should also imagine Mr Green would be wondering why anyone would want to mess about with the beautiful symmetry of his design Shock)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
Bring a dead thread back to life. Found the headed Kingbass pictures on Talkbass.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-s...t-15376055
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 8 years ago
Nice one Bassbus, thank you. The sad thing is that about two weeks after posting that thread, my mate passed away suddenly (only 50). So it looks as if it will remain the 'one and only'
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
God, what a shock! My condolences to you Garbo.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 8 years ago
Thank you Bassbus. It was a sad time, but he was a great Bass player, a real character and always made me laugh.

He once told Mark King that the reason he (Andy) did more sessions than him (Mark) was because he only charged, £10, Train Fare and a packet of Bensons Shock)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.