In praise of Status tapewounds

Last updated on 6 years ago
TheGreekTheGreek
Posted 9 years ago
Did a trade here for a Bass Collection Nanyo 310 - I already have a 301, but like it so much that I thought I'd get the next model up. The Bass arrived with a gauge I wasn't happy with so I changed the strings to a set of Status Black tapewounds.

http://www.status-gr...index_home.html

I had a set on my Schuker Fretless which sounded great but I hadn't tried them on a fretted bass.

Just put a set on the Bass Collection - wow!! - blew my mind...sounds reminiscent of a Double Bass, if Leo had got this sound when he first invented the Electric Bass he would have stopped there..

At £14 a set you can't go wrong - I like them so much that if you buy a set and you're not happy with them, I'll buy them off you...
Success is no accident, it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. (Pele)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Glad you found that too. Maybe it's just something about the match with a Nanyo BC but I have a set on my Nanyo BC too and am as happy with them as you are. Just brought the bass alive.
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 9 years ago
I wish they did a 6 string set!!!

Are you listening Rob!!!! :)
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 9 years ago
I respectfully refer you to this thread - http://statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=6082
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 6 years ago
I've recently been using Tru Bass nylons by Rotosound, they are very nice, have a particular earthy sound and do in fact have a bit of bite if you dig in, cheap enough to buy just to try. I stuck them on my jazz bass but I'm tempted to now put them on an active bass. Go try a set I think they will suprise you!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.