Meet Burl

Last updated on 9 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
A nice man from iPost appeared at one of my jobs on Friday afternoon with a big box for me. My customer being the nice person she is suggested I open it. I think she was as keen to see the contents as I was. Pulled the case out the box and tentatively opened it. What was inside took my breath away. This is what we saw

i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/Series%203/cid_A88E245F-B2CB-4649-BF78-C2A0C4226FC0_zps9s4zh5td.jpg

A brand new Series 3.

What's in it?
Utile body
Maple faux binding
Burl Walnut veneer with a brown tint.
16.5 mm string spacing
Tuning EADGC
Bridge pickup 20 mm from bridge.
and the little used option of NO LEDs

i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/Series%203/cid_AE246521-0B94-498D-944F-B90A2E9713D7_zpstmmq1f5x.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/Series%203/S3-3_zpsbf4mtxra.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/Series%203/S3-2_zpsz4y1q0wk.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/Series%203/S3-1_zpsuariprmk.jpg

The photos are not brilliant as it seems to be a difficult bass to shoot with my point and shoot camera.

Sound is just what I wanted. Who needs a Fo***a at four times the price.

It was hard to see how Mr. Green could improve on the S2 design but I think he has with the Series 3. Everything about it is faultless. All the guys at the factory involved in the build have done a stellar job.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
Oh so Rockin' sweet. ()

I like the bridge pickup shift idea, does it warm up the C string just a bit?

Go forth and have fun.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Mamma mia how beautiful! Good choice to move that pickup just a tad, I would have done the same.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks guys, mucho apreciato.

I've always found the bridge pickup was a bit too close to the bridge for me. The tone was a bit too thin. It's surprising how as little a movement as 10mm can make all the difference. It just fattens up the tone in general, not just the C string.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
What a gorgeous bass Bassbus. You have spent your money well. To be honest I have never thought about moving the bridge pick up, I wonder if it would have a similar affect on a Kingbass? It maybe 4 years away, but I am already planning my status (shhh, don't tell the missus I said that)!!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks Garbo. I'm sure it would make a difference on a KB.

You can always believe Mrs. Green. In the final phone call Dawn said it looked "stunning". The truth she speaks.
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 9 years ago
Dawn picked the walnut for my KB and I wholeheartedly agree she does have excellent taste
E
ejnarDK
Posted 9 years ago
Another amazing creation....
Gratz BB. Well done.
Previous owner of a Series II 5 string. 24-5-89
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Jesus H christ that is super sexy. Good shout. As a '5' string player I rarely get my hands on a high C, would love to own one..... hmmmm
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Well Danny, there is no time like the present. ;)

Mind you it only gives you an extra five semitones. Just the other way from a low B
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator