Question about KingBass MkII

Last updated on 8 years ago
B
Basssid
Posted 9 years ago
Hey guys,

I've recently fallen in love with the sound of the MKII-model and I really dig its look with the headstock.

I was just wondering about its weight, since it looks a bit bigger to me.
I'm not the tallest guy and wanna be sure that I'm not saving for a barbell.

Would anyone give me a hint about the weight of the MKII please? :)
Thanks a lot!

Basssid

edit: I hope I posted this in right section.
A
alexcar6677
Posted 9 years ago

Basssid wrote:
Hey guys,

I've recently fallen in love with the sound of the MKII-model and I really dig its look with the headstock.

I was just wondering about its weight, since it looks a bit bigger to me.
I'm not the tallest guy and wanna be sure that I'm not saving for a barbell.

Would anyone give me a hint about the weight of the MKII please? :)
Thanks a lot!

Basssid

edit: I hope I posted this in right section.

Hi

although bigger than the std Kingbass, they are not that much heavier, i'd say 9lbs
KB Para S2 CH headless
B
Basssid
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks for the reply and info. Seems like good news for me!
B
Basssid
Posted 8 years ago
Checking the price list it seems that the MK2 only comes neck-thru. Has anybody seen a bolt-on version? Considering getting one, I'd prefer bolt-on I think.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago

Basssid wrote:
Checking the price list it seems that the MK2 only comes neck-thru. Has anybody seen a bolt-on version? Considering getting one, I'd prefer bolt-on I think.

No bolt on as standard.

Rob will do anything for his customers however if its lots of extra work it may be lots of extra money!

So might not be worth it!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
B
Basssid
Posted 8 years ago

moo wrote:

Basssid wrote:

No bolt on as standard.

Rob will do anything for his customers however if its lots of extra work it may be lots of extra money!

So might not be worth it!

In any case I will contact him for questions (as soon as my bank account shows green light), but before bugging him too much I thought some of you might help me out.
I was just thinkin of the nightmare that something might happen to the neck and then a bolt-on would be easier to replace or sth.

Anyway thanks for the reply! :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.