Me & My Kingbass

Last updated on 18 years ago
F
funkythumbs
Posted 18 years ago
Poor quality video I made with my camera phone.......just jamming out a riff I made up on the spot to bongo drum beat I found on garageband on my macintosh!

Im playing the status direct through my computer with a bit of chorus effect going on............

Will try and get a longer and better quality jam up soon!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JlsxNswMGh0

Greg
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Sounds pretty good, if a little sideways :D

Do you play with it tucked under your arm or midriff height (when standing)?
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
F
funkythumbs
Posted 18 years ago
Yeah i do, i think the way the kingbass is built it makes it ideal to play that way!!

I find fast 16th fingerstyle playing much more comfortable this way as well, anything too low and i find i get an acheing wrist. And obviously its the ideal way to play thumbs up slap ala mr king.

My playing style is far from perfect I have a lot of bad habits. Id say my slap technique is pretty good, my left hand tends to adopt a baseball bat type grip on the neck. When it comes to fingerstyle though, i still tend to keep this grip and I dont get a good smooth sound. This is something im working on at the moment. (If that makes sense lol)

In a way I wish I had left the slap stuff and got the basics first but I was young when i started playing and dived into the mark king lines straight away. I think my general run of the mill bass playing has suffered because of this and at the moment im very much going "back to basics".

Cheers,

Greg
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Ah right - I had a Kingbass at one point but sold it because I tend to play at hip height and neck about 45 degrees (see photo gallery) and like that, the neck stuck out way too far for me to reach!

Class sounding basses though.
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator