Jazz with status neck

Last updated on 9 years ago
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
Hi all

It’s been quite a while since I have been here in anything but a lurking capacity. I have GAS! I am looking for a fender jazz but with a status neck. If any one has one they wish to part with, please let me know.

Thanks

Keith
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 9 years ago
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264754-jazz-bazz-status-neck-alder-body/page__p__2815914__hl__status__fromsearch__1#entry2815914
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks, but that went on eBay yesterday and I was outbid by £10 in the last 3 seconds. Gutted. Just hoping someone here has just has something similar and also has GAS for something new and needs the room.
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 9 years ago
Ah!

I have exactly that...a Status neck on a Fender (Highway One) jazz,with a Schaller 463 bridge,and an East J Retro pre.Its the best playing/balancing bass I've ever had (and I've had loads lol) sonically will cover any gig without issue.
Maybe do what I did...get a new Status neck,then buy a Fender jazz (plenty of them about second hand-the nitrocellulose Highway one usually goes for about £450) and sell the wooden neck to recoup some cash..there's always people looking for them on eBay etc?
Good luck with the search!
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
That’s just cruel. That sounds just about what I would like.

Option two for me is; that I currently have a Squier Jazz, which is a really nice one. You know how you get the odd one which plays better than a lot of Fender-badged standard ones. If I couldn’t find the one I want, I was thinking of getting a neck for that and upgrading the pups and bridge.

What do we think? Better to get a Fender already done, or pimp up a Squier?

How much is a new neck? I can’t seem to find it on Rob’s price list?
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
It's £286 + shipping.
On the main website go to the left drop down menu, Online shop>Graphite necks. I have the Stingray version, could't be happier.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks Enzo
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Special Boy, yeah, do that. Pimp it. Iv'e done it a few times now and it's really not hard, loads of how to's kicking around. Nothing wrong with the squire body at all. Fitting the neck is easy, fitting the pups is just two wires, fitting a new bridge is a few screws! Maybe then get it in for a decent set up, I did two basses one with a neck the other with pots and pick ups, well worth it.
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
I was leaning that way, but the problem is that I was playing with the Squier as it is last night. I tweaked the setup a bit and I still love it the way it is. It is one of those gems. The action almost as low as my Smartbass and s2000, so I don’t really want to bugger around with it. Besides. I don’t want to sacrifice one and be left with the same number of basses. I just need another!! After all, you can’t have too many basses really can you?
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
…unless, of course anyone has a Barracuda (or perhaps a T-bass) out there they would like to sell to me!!
Edited by special-boy on 14-07-2015 22:09, 9 years ago
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 9 years ago
I originally had a white Classic Vibe Jazz for the "Stat-jazz" project-lovely bass for the money.
When it was all set up,it was nice...but I've got to be honest-even with the j retro pre there was something "missing" in the tone- I can only put it down to the basswood body.
When I bought the Highway One (with the daphne blue alder nitro finish body) as soon as it was put together,the whole thing just came "alive."
It was actually a nice bass as it was,but the addition of the graphite neck and J retro made it my fave bass.
Juts from my own experience,I would recommend the Highway one nitro/Status neck combo.
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 9 years ago
Sounds perfect, but actually, in reality, at the moment, I just don’t have the time to start a project. I think I will just keep an eye out until the right thing comes along at the right price. Thanks for the advice.

Have you/anyone had experience of the Barracudas, T-Basses, or even Grooves. How do they compare to a Jazz? It has to be said that the Barracuda is a very sexy beast.
S
Slapmonsta
Posted 9 years ago
No problem,glad to be of some help! :-)

I've played both the T Bass (wooden neck version) and the Barrracuda..personally,my choice would be the T Bass,as it's the closest thing you'll find feel-wise to a Jazz..think of it as a "Status jazz" and you'll get the idea!The only odd thing about it is the angle of the tuners on the head,but you soon get used to them-the ones I've played were very well balanced and sounded great.
The Barracuda is a strange one..tried both a four and five string and they played well,but the weight of them put me off...those things are heavy (by jazz standards!)
Best thing to do is give em a try..seen a few T Basses kicking around on Basschat and recently saw a Barracuda in decent condition at PMT in Manchester...might be worth giving them a call.
Good luck!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator