NBD!! (:^D

Last updated on 8 years ago
pingvuiinipingvuiini
Posted 9 years ago
S3 5 string headless, fretless, lineless, with Bendwell/32" scale, amber LEDs including first fret, Trimax pickups w/ Paramatrix board, left handed.

randychow.net/pics/SGS3-5FL01.jpg

randychow.net/pics/SGS3-5FL02.jpg

Gotta get used to the Paramatrix with all the knobs, switches and tonal variations. Great sounding low B string for a 32" scale.

Am planning to replace the MB Compressore pedal with a REDDI for some fat fuzzy hairyness. Hopefully I won't even need to bring an amp to gigs anymore!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
A truely beautiful instrument. ()
G
Graphite-Dreamer
Posted 9 years ago
Interesting looking bass, but why would you need a 'bendwell' on a fretless? Other than for bending open notes it seems superfluous to me.
Status Series 2000 (Sno:30)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:419)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:432)
Westone Thunder 1a Fretless (Sno:5110971)
Used to own: JD Mark King Pearl Pink.

www.youtube.com/user/PaulKingsleyHurst www.soundcloud.com/p_k_hurst
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
The only way you can have a 32in scale on a Status is with a Bendwell.
pingvuiinipingvuiini
Posted 9 years ago

daveski wrote:
The only way you can have a 32in scale on a Status is with a Bendwell.

Bingo!!! I also like the ball bearing roller nut that comes with the Bendwell.

It's a good thing Rob convinced me not to get the Kahler whammy bar option!
(:^D
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
Lovely fretless, Mr. Ping.

It's even lovelier when I look at its reflection in a mirror :D

Have fun.
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 9 years ago

Graphite-Dreamer wrote:
Interesting looking bass, but why would you need a 'bendwell' on a fretless? Other than for bending open notes it seems superfluous to me.

Hit a harmonic at the octave 12th fret position hammer on at 12th position slide down to 7th fret position hit the harmonic there then bend with bendwell -- Lovely!!!

Nice Bass Mr Ping

P.S whats a REDDI?
pingvuiinipingvuiini
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks everyone for their comments!

Sonic Groove wrote:

P.S whats a REDDI?

A REDDI is an outrageously large and expensive but GAStronomic tube DI box:

randychow.net/pics/S3REDDI01.jpg
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 9 years ago
A bit more Esoteric than my Eden WTDI then!! LOL

Did it do what you wanted?

Brendan
pingvuiinipingvuiini
Posted 9 years ago

Sonic Groove wrote:
A bit more Esoteric than my Eden WTDI then!! LOL

Did it do what you wanted?

Brendan

I just had my first rehearsal with the S3 and REDDI combination, playing thru the drummer's olde but powerful Mackie PA (bought when Mackie was still really Mackie, so its a great PA). The S3/REDDI sounded incredible and I was very happy with the results at the rehearsal. It did seem really weird not having any bass combo+cabinets behind me, but it sure was nice being able to walk in with just the S3 in a gig bag and the REDDI in a carry case. I still need to see how it performs at a recording session this week and at a live gig depending on when and where that is. But if it performs anything like the rehearsal session then I will be extremely pleased with the S3/REDDI. At my crusty age and quest for laziness and fast teardown, this minimalist rig definitely fits the bill.

Naturally, this setup precludes that the PA system at the venue is sufficient and that the sound man knows what he's doing (HA!). If I have any doubt with either I still have the Markbass ministack which is also very lightweight and easily transportable.

Yes, the REDDI is a boutique item and thus kinda pricey for what it is. When I received it the 'factory' packaging looked like it came out of someone's garage with xerox copy labels and handwritten notes with a sharpie all over the box. But the unit itself is built like a tank and after the tube warms up you get that great Apmeg B15 fuzz on which the REDDI is based. The red color is unique but it seems to go with the S3. I would say that the REDDI is equivalent to Status Graphite basses or Walter Woods amps in terms of the esoteric factor.
Edited by pingvuiini on 17-05-2015 03:47, 9 years ago
B
buzzardo
Posted 8 years ago
Great looking bass! What is the color and wood for the front?
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 8 years ago
That's a keeper! The cream binding really sets it off!
Nice Reddi too, I did try that route with various Tube DI's althouth never breaking the bank! My Sansamp Tech 21nyc is still an unbelievable bit of kit that was desined over 20 yrs ago and still sounds epic! I still resort to taking a cab around...just in case, it seems weird with bass coming from in front of you rather than from behind!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator