Status 2000, the Postman Pat

Last updated on 9 years ago
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago
I believe she's a fully carbon-graphite (no wooden core).

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/DSC_0496_zpsivz0w05w.jpg

F***** Postman Pat Red (FPPR) solid color :

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/DSC_0450_zpspaybtxk7.jpg

Low action strings & jumbo frets :

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/DSC_98671_zps5zchwjbf.jpg

Status hyperactive pickups & GMT T/B 4 active electronics :

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/DSC_98761_zpsbq_zpsl1dkkbqy.jpg

Large top string retainer for double/single balls strings &
Printed 'Status' solid brass tuner block w/ gold lacquer :

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/3DSC_9898_zpsmodefgu0.jpg

And a custom-made deluxe fitted gig bag :

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/gigbag_zpsviw2a1p3.jpg

Enjoy!
Edited by roend on 08-05-2015 14:53, 9 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Bootiful FPPR ()
M
marcus43
Posted 9 years ago
oh MAN! that is LOVELY! :D
2001 Kingbass Artist
2004 Kingbass Artist
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago
LEVI'S 42 … ()

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/level%2042%20levis_zpsowogiq6o.jpg
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Great score! Rare as hen's teeth!
…and where the heck did you find it? ()
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago
@enzo, Pat himself delivered to my door :):D;)

i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/roend/postman_pat_zpsdbi0jdpf.png
Edited by roend on 28-04-2015 13:38, 9 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
I always wondered how did he look, thanks for sharing :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
G
Graphite-Dreamer
Posted 9 years ago
Very nice indeed, and definately the fully moulded graphite 2000 like my two. I also have a wooden core 2000 and the neck heel and neck is thinner than the other two.
The difference between yours and Mark King's as pictured is that his tuner block had the old style angled signature Status that is engraved into the brass, and his had the original GMT pickups with the smaller (not jumbo) frets.
Status Series 2000 (Sno:30)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:419)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:432)
Westone Thunder 1a Fretless (Sno:5110971)
Used to own: JD Mark King Pearl Pink.

www.youtube.com/user/PaulKingsleyHurst www.soundcloud.com/p_k_hurst
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Well it's about the right time to be one of the original few that Rob made.

Ours is s/n #327

Can't quite see the s/n on yours but it's 3 'something' 9?
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago
:)
Edited by roend on 08-05-2015 06:10, 9 years ago
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
Not a bloody another! Just kidding, nice bass.

Just to point out the FPPR is actually the most common of all the original solid colour 2000s maybe because they made a few for advertising. This is the 4th one I know of, unlike the Ice Queen or Custard Colin or the old Navy Blue one, they really were one offs.

Of course I'm extremely jealous of you all and if anyone can find me a 5th example I'd be extremely happy.but for now I shall just droll over the pictures, over and out.
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago

Graphite-Dreamer wrote:
Very nice indeed, and definately the fully moulded graphite 2000 like my two. I also have a wooden core 2000 and the neck heel and neck is thinner than the other two.
The difference between yours and Mark King's as pictured is that his tuner block had the old style angled signature Status that is engraved into the brass, and his had the original GMT pickups with the smaller (not jumbo) frets.

Is it any difference weight and sound produced beetwen the 'moulded' one and the 'wooden core' one ?
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
It's completely different, the wooden core sounds much better that yours, you should definitely sell yours or even throw it away directly, just let me know when and where B)
No seriously, I haven't tried the wooden core model but I can tell you that the older 2000, the one piece graphite, sounds close to the first production of SII (to my ears), which I prefer. It's just an acquired taste, nothing wrong with the later ones. You also have to deal the chunkier neck on the older one, which people might not like.
'13 Stealth
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 9 years ago
From my experience, the wooden core 2000 I used to own in pearlescent white was noticeably heavier than any moulded one I've ever tried.

I don't know if the general weights of the moulded ones vary that much, but I can tell you 003 from the first batch of 4 S2000s is much lighter than the other moulded 2000s I indeed have tried or own. Why this is I don't know but it's as light as a king bass if not lighter!, and the nicest Status I have ever played. Jim's Empathy comes a close 2nd, Moos FPPR 3rd and the BB Prototype 4th.
G
Graphite-Dreamer
Posted 9 years ago
I've just attempted to weigh them on bathroom scales (all I had).
The two moulded S2000 are approx 4kg and physically feel the same weight. The wooden core is approx 4.5kg and feels a lot heavier in the hand especially at the tuning bridge end.

Sound-wise, my two moulded ones are very different. Sno30 has GMTs and very early electronics with thin frets. I don't know what this circuit is called but it is very middley/growley and not very bright in the top end.

Sno 419 has Hyperactives and TB4 circuit, jumbo frets, sounding almost exactly like Mark King's bass on tracks such as 'True believers' and 'The Chant Has Begun' and stuff on World Machine and Running In The Family albums. Though I think the bass on the 'True Colours' album is a Series II.

Sno 432 has Hyperactives and TB42 (switched) circuit, jumbo frets. It sounds similar to 419 but not the same. It has slightly less mid with a more rounded bottom end. The neck is thinner and plays fast and is comfortable the whole length. However I do prefer the fatter neck of the other two even though it gets fatter at the heel. The body shape is also slightly different with the horns being a bit more angular, less curved, and the edges around the tuning bridge are more pronounced/pointy.
The front pickup is also a little further away from the neck towards the rear one compared with the other two.
Status Series 2000 (Sno:30)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:419)
Status Series 2000 (Sno:432)
Westone Thunder 1a Fretless (Sno:5110971)
Used to own: JD Mark King Pearl Pink.

www.youtube.com/user/PaulKingsleyHurst www.soundcloud.com/p_k_hurst
Edited by Graphite-Dreamer on 04-05-2015 23:24, 9 years ago
roendroend
Posted 9 years ago

enzo wrote:

So, your #71 already landed to Brazil?
Mine also, this FPPR is coming to him in a few days...

What a lucky collector!
Bass42Bass42
Posted 9 years ago

roend wrote:

enzo wrote:

So, your #71 already landed to Brazil?
Mine also, this FPPR is coming to him in a few days...

What a lucky collector!

Thanks Roend
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
I'm just working on a good excuse to go to Brazil one day and enjoy the bass museum with a few 'Capirinha' ;)
'13 Stealth
Bass42Bass42
Posted 9 years ago

enzo wrote:
I'm just working on a good excuse to go to Brazil one day and enjoy the bass museum with a few 'Capirinha' ;)

You'll be welcome Enzo. But bring your Alembic with Graphite neck to join us .
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator