Brazilian teenager sent home trying to see Level 42

Last updated on 10 years ago
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 10 years ago
I am disgusted and saddened by this story of Zani Cruz. She saved up for over a year so she could travel to the UK to see her favourite band Level 42 in concert. She had tickets to see them in York last night and Newcastle this Friday. Upon arrival at Heathrow she was pounced upon by customs who didn't believe she travelled so far just to see a band. They placed her in Colnbroke detention centre before sending her home on the next available flight. Phil Gould and Mike Lindup got involved to try to get the authorities to reverse their decision but to no avail. She has now arrived home in Brazil very upset and tired. If you want to follow her plight you can read all about it on the 'ULTIMATE LEVEL 42' Facebook page. We are all trying to think of ways we can support her and get her over to see the band. Someone in Italy has already donated a free ticket to one of the concerts but there is a long way to go. Any ideas would be appreciated.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 10 years ago
Personally made a proposal to Thomas and Phil to participate in an airline ticket to bring Zani to Europe (maybe not UK) for the next gigs!

Anyone interested can follow the thread on FB : http://www.facebook.com/groups/ultima...televel42/
F
FunkJoker
Posted 10 years ago
I think if we all donate a little we can maybe manage to get her over to europe again?! I just signed up for the FB page. Hope to keep us posted.

I live in Germany but I am a southern type and I suffered from british customs as well once. What was meant to be a 36hour no-sleep cheap trip to London was becoming quite a struggle as I was full body searched and questioned, just because they could not believe we got our Ryanair tickets for a mere 1€ each (two-way) and didn't sign up for hotel. We just wanted to "party all night".... That is a really horrific experience. I am saddened Zani Cruz had to go through that.
"We had a sound powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline".

-- Donald "Duck" Dunn
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 10 years ago

andre wrote:
Personally made a proposal to Thomas and Phil to participate in an airline ticket to bring Zani to Europe (maybe not UK) for the next gigs!

Anyone interested can follow the thread on FB : http://www.facebook.com/groups/ultima...televel42/

There's a bit more sympathy on here than over on Basschat. Most of them are saying it's her own fault. A...oles.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator