The Coffee Tables

Last updated on 10 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
This one has one foot in the Show Your Statii's column. I'm lucky enough to have just taken delivery of an Overwater Scott Devine Signature fretless. Devine describes it perfectly as it does the other two.

Left to right: ACG Finn R Type single cut (fretted), Status S2 Classic (fretless), Overwater Scott Devine Signature (SDS Lite, fretless).

i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/SS101314_zpsbceaa58c.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/SS101316_zps532013ab.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/SS101319_zps0a7f843f.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/SS101317_zpse95d1dc3.jpg
i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/BassBus2/SS101318_zpsdc4a6611.jpg
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Ooooo Graham….
It's going to be a challenge to try and keep up with those.
Do report back with graphic details on the fretless….please.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Which fretless? :) I take it you mean the Overwater. It is every bit as good as the S2. I was playing the S2 the other night and I just felt at home on that. The Overwater is all wood so produces slightly different tones. The fingerboard is ebony and it came with the rounds I specified. That combination produced an attack to the tone that was too sharp for me. Reverted to trusty halfwounds . Much softer attack to the tone and it is just delicious. 16.5mm spacing is so comfortable to play on a fiver.

Some of you might be interested in the build thread.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/232580-ov...ine-build/
TheGreekTheGreek
Posted 10 years ago
Big ACG fan here...Alan's building some great basses at very reasonable prices....I've seen some really nice examples...can't understand why we don't see more headless examples...after all we all know the positives of headless basses.
Success is no accident, it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. (Pele)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
For me headless is so logical. Mind you I do like the look of the latest Finn Alan has posted on his build thread.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/9623-acg-...p__2520484
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Lovely looking trio, Graham... But what happened to your other Status? Maybe I'm totally out of date after having been away for so long!!!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
They are still very much here, Rich. Just didn't include them with this trio. Far too many basses in the house now but still want more. :o
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
I know only too well what you mean - I'm waiting to be able to get out to the Status factory to make a new order for a special KingBass Mk-II and also looking for a good Jazz bass atm - Not that I've not had plenty of Jazzes in the past!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator