Status Series 4000 no 245

Last updated on 7 years ago
Garbo28Garbo28
Posted 7 years ago
I also have a Red S4000. Its a real bruiser of a bass, a bit heavy, but fun to play. Since I've had it I have only fitted straplocks. Not much else required. Though the original owner did admit that at some point the board had stopped working and a repair guy had changed some components to get it working again. So I might at some point buy a replacement board from Rob just to get it back to factory condition (sound wise). But apart from that, it works really well.

So how long have you had yours?
Posted 7 years ago
Aha, thanks!

Simon
SLOW HANDSLOW HAND
Posted 7 years ago
[movie=youtube]/watch?v=7kU8A7efbdM[/movie]

Greate!!! :)

It is S5000 www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/24...index.html
Status SII 5
Status S5000
Status Energy5,
Aria IGB35/5 F,
MarkBass MoMark SD800, New York 121, Traveler 121h
Edited by SLOW HAND on 21-10-2016 20:42, 7 years ago
Posted 7 years ago
Here's a recording of a Status 4000 5 String, serial 042. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kU8A...kU8A7efbdM. Straight into the desk, everything on mid.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Nice pair of basses, Hansi
I switched between a Stingray and a fretless Wal for many years. I still have a worn 84' Musicman Sabre that I'll pull out for a rough-house gig.
The Status Graphite sound and feel is what I've landed on though, or an upright for jazzin'.
Be sure to share any recordings you make with your 4000. ;)
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago

daveski wrote:
Nice bass there Hansi, if I was you I'd fit the strap locks and leave the rest alone as older basses are become harder to find in this sort of original condition.

I've actually been getting this from a few others. Maybe I'll just leave it alone for the most part, fit straplocks and watch as the bass rises in price B)

I also always keep everything I change out from my instruments to be able to put them back to the original state but I guess that would be kind of hard when the original parts are heavily modified (fx fitting LEDS)
Status Graphite Series 4000 no 245
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 20th anniversary
Jay Turser Deluxe semi-hollow
Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody guitar
Eden Nemesis RS-212
Bugari Armando accordion (special made)
and a bunch of other bits and pieces

www.aronbirkir.com
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Very nice and rare S4000!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Nice bass there Hansi, if I was you I'd fit the strap locks and leave the rest alone as older basses are become harder to find in this sort of original condition.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
http://s806.photobucket.com/user/hansfridrik/library/?sort=3&page=1

Guess the photos didn't upload along with the post
Eden Nemesis RS-212

www.aronbirkir.com
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
So Here is my Series 4000. It is a headless bass, most likely built in the early 90s' and mostly in very good condition. Whole bass made of composite materials so no wood in the bass at all. Originally bought it as an alternative to my Stingray but have kind of fallen in love with the way it plays so I'm already thinking about getting another Status soon.

I need to go over the electrical system soon as there seem to be some issues with the transmittment from the pickups to the output, although that might just be dirty pots (which I am truly hoping it is).

I am planning on changing out those plastic buttons for some niceer metallic ones and adding some straplocks since I tend to move around quite a bit on stage. Also dreaming of fitting fingerboard LEDs to it sometime in the future.
Eden Nemesis RS-212

www.aronbirkir.com
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator