Ampeg Rig Derek Forbes Ex Simple Minds

Last updated on 11 years ago
B
binman
Posted 11 years ago
Price Drop from £1450 to £1250
Hi, up for sale is my Ampeg SVT 810 and SVT2 Pro rig I bought from Derek when I was in a Simple Minds tribute band.
I'm no longer in the band and sadly its a bit overkill for the three piece I'm in now as we don't require any backline.
The Ampeg was only used for one gig and only a handful of rehersals.
Sound wise, typical ampeg power,punch,clarity and with the ability to project and fill a room.
Tried this with a precision and wal, both sounded amazing.
There are also a couple of tatty but functional flight cases that came with it which I'll throw in.
Trade wise I'm only looking for an 80's status series 2 4 string.
Cheers Stuart
A wee note from Derek regarding the rig :

To whom it may concern...

I, Derek Forbes, original bass player of Simple Minds, owned this Ampeg bass rig. The 8 x 10 cabinet was with me for most of my time with Simple Minds, and has travelled all around the World with me, and has played most of the Worlds most famous stages, including Liverpool Empire, Hammersmith Odeon, Madison Square Gardens,Red Rocks Colorado..etc etc etc...
The amp was with me for my second term with Simple Minds in the mid to late 90's...Give them a good home, as they are a part of my Rock and Roll Legacy...I sold the rig to Stuart Binnie, bass player extraordinare, and hope, if you buy it, you have as much joy, and luck, that I myself enjoyed...

yours sincerely

Derek Forbes
i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/versobinman/BandGear001.jpgi292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/versobinman/fdab0cdb-3282-4bca-8abe-d6290b4f5ad6.jpg
i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/versobinman/BandGear009.jpg
Edited by binman on 17-10-2013 07:52, 11 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator