Status Newbie / J-bass?

Last updated on 11 years ago
Posted 11 years ago
Greetings from Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

I've been patiently waiting the arrival of a Modulus neck for my Squier vintage modified bass. There is some chance that after all this waiting - I might not get it (I've paid for it in full from the dealer & it has nothing to do with the dealer).

Can anyone offer any pros & cons about me having a Status neck vs Modulus neck on my j-bass?

I've found out that I can order the Status neck fretted w/ side dots only and the wait time might be about 6 weeks. Even with shipping from England to Oregon the Status neck would be about $60 less than the Modulus.

Thanks for any input, advice or pictures of your J-bass with a Status neck.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Hi DBR, welcome. There are a few people on here who have put jazz necks on, one even put one on a Marcus Miller JB and those necks are my favourite with the bound edge and block inlays!
I did a P bass and if you do a search you'll find it on the site somewhere. I think it improved the tone no end, it had the status zing and no dead/flat spots anywhere. I recommend you do it! I have played modulus basses, the necks do feel heavier and more dense but I wouldn't say you can get the satin finish option? Maybe I'm wrong. It sounds like a good deal and from all our experiences here you won't hear a bad word about the service Rob and Dawn run at Status, they use the best craftsmen and quality control is second to none.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator