sgh42sgh42
Posted 11 years ago
8 out of 14 now reserved
*Basses*
GB Rumour (2010) . . . . : . . . . :

*Amplification*
Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 Head
Vanderkley 212MNT Cab

I am the greatest bass player in my house apart from my fish.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
That's great news!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago
10 gone 4 still available ...
Rob GreenRob Green
Posted 11 years ago
Hi All,
Thanks for the comments and compliments about the Anni Basses.
It all seems worthwhile now they are finished... half-way through I was not so sure.

There was a bit of order swapping over the last few days so a couple came back onto the site.

Pip-pip, Rob.
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago
I am not a regular forum poster, I never do long posts. This will be the first and only one.

Today I took delivery of one of these basses.

I own a Series II since 1986 (first owner) which has probably another part of the the tulip wood that is used for #12 and makes it look like a perfect twin.

I own 3 "modern" S2s, various woods, headed and headless. I own more than a dozen basses over all. Some big names among them.

*But* this 30th anniversary Series II just plainly blows everything I own just out of the water.

To be honest my original Series II shows its age (28 years of use). For example it has terrible fret wear and that of course gives the "remake" an unfair advantage in playability. But let's put it this way: with all due respect the 30th anniversary basses are at least as good as the originals they are modeled after and they just eat everything else alive! I am biased, I did hold on to my Series II. And I did never ever dare to send it back to Rob for an refurbishment/overhaul because I did fear it would get lost. But now I will be able to just do that.

So, if you ask me, everyone that likes the Series II basses and even remotely see a possibility to get the funds together to get one: do it, work on it!

I'll probably try to get even another one of those. This is it. This is your one and only chance. Swim to Essex if you have to! Get one.

To Rob I can just bow in humble admiration.

Even in my wildest dreams I would not have imagined the instrument I did get today. This whole text/post sounds ridiculous to me in face of the piece of art sitting besides me now.
Edited by skyko on 02-05-2013 06:00, 11 years ago
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago
Short version of previous post:

Get one! It will be the best instrument you'll ever put your hands on, ... ever.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
I take it you quite like your new bass skyko. Lucky man. Lets see pics of it. Maybe even some sound too. ()
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago
Pics? They're all up on status-graphite.com ...
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Forum rules, no pics, no bass. ;)
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 11 years ago
Skyko - congratulations on becoming the owner of such a wonderful instrument! I notice that you don't mention which number you now own. Is that intentional? I understand if that is the case, I would not be so rude as to ask!
B
BluesWalker
Posted 11 years ago
How much are these basses? I don' t see prices on the website.
Cherry Red 5-String Fretted Streamline, 16.5 mm string spacing, half-wound strings strung EADGC

LMIII, Mark Bass 2x10, Mark Bass 1x12
Boss TU-3

Jazz, Blues, Progressive Rock
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
£5750

Click on the picture on the main Status page and you'll get all the info you need.
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago

BassBus wrote:
Forum rules, no pics, no bass. ;)

ROFL, and you're the expert that can tell if it was photoshopped off Robs wonderful pics?
As I am never ever going to sell, I am not in an urge to provide proof ;-)
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago

BassBus wrote:
£5750

Click on the picture on the main Status page and you'll get all the info you need.

GBP4792 + shipping + local VAT, if you not live in an country that has moronic VAT levels ;-)
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago

rogertvr wrote:
Skyko - congratulations on becoming the owner of such a wonderful instrument! I notice that you don't mention which number you now own. Is that intentional? I understand if that is the case, I would not be so rude as to ask!

It's one of the first that got marked as reserved, I did start mailing/phoning probably minutes after Rob put the pages up ... With my post describing the quality of these instruments I've been way above the level of information and personal opinions I share. But I think these instruments are well worth an exception, but that is how far it goes.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
I do like it when forum members are so friendly and co-operative.
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 11 years ago
Well I am with Skyko on this one, I fully understand his stance.
S
skyko
Posted 11 years ago

skyko wrote:

BassBus wrote:
£5750

GBP4792 + shipping + local VAT, if you not live in an country that has moronic VAT levels ;-)

BTW, while they are twice the price of a "standard" S2 but I feel tremendously "underpromised" and "overdelivered"
... and they come with an original flight case, the red one
... and yes I am biased
... and I'll going to buy as many of those I can possibly afford ...

They are well beyond blunt copies of the originals this is incredibly excellent re-engineering of the original Series II basses.
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Now that you have them side by side, would you be able to tell me if there are any difference between the two in regard to neck depth, I mean front back? I just sold my #103 (I know, I know, I did it) and the only thing I did not like ( a matter of preference) was that the neck was very shallow and didn't fit my palm the way I like. Are they EXACTLY the same?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 11 years ago
I've just bought a S2000 but I'm not telling any of you lot which one it is, what colour it is and also I'm keeping the serial number private too. So there!:P
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.