MK500 - Signal/output cut out feature or prob?

Last updated on 12 years ago
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
Hey all, had a gig last night with my newly acquired mk500 ashdown amp. Just a question, is it normal for the sound to cut in and out, assuming that it's a feature to stop it blowing?
Once I figured that I should take the input down slightly, it didn't do it anymore, but if anyone could tell me that it's supposed to happen, i'll be happy :/

any help much appreciated

Lee
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
or could it be that the fans maybe didn't have enough space behind? it was quite close to a wall, but i did leave what i thought was enough gap...
johnghjohngh
Posted 12 years ago
I have one, and have never had any issues with it. It may be that the imput is too high, just keep a close eye on it when playing and tweak it down a bit if needed. Also, if you change bass during your set, you will have to adjust the imput for the different bass.

When i bought mine I hd a few queries about it so i phoned Ashdown up, give them a call if you are not sure, I found them very helpful
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
Hi John, thanks for your prompt reply. I've had it for a month or so, and i've had all 6 transistors replaced; last night the sound just cut out... and back in again, and happened 23 times. But then I turned down a bit and it didn't happen again... good if it's supposed to happen but worrying if not. I certainly will ring them tomoro as they were very helpful last week. It looks like I may have blown the transistors because I used a guitar circuit breaker lead to connect to my cab. I feel fking stupid for doing it, but I did not know before hand that this could fk it up, epsecially as it lasted two gigs with it. Unfortunately so far every time I fire it up I just get this awful feeling it's gonna give up on me again. I will take the input down and give the fans more space to breathe. I hope this sorts it... anyway soz for the rant lol
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
2-3 times :/
D
dave nield
Posted 12 years ago

Leetav wrote:
2-3 times :/

Lee, did you speak to the guys at ashdown like i suggested, i told them you would be ??????????? did u get my pm ? dave
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
Hi Dave, yes I took the amp to Ashdown where they replaced all 6 transistors. Works 'ok' now, but last night during a gig the sound cut in and out, but as I've found out this well could be due to the fact that there wasn't an awful lot of room behind the fans so it could have got hot and activated a 'thermal cutout that automatically resets itself' according to someone on basschat.
Appreciate you txting them mate, thank you :)
D
dave nield
Posted 12 years ago
Lee, b surprised if its air flow to the fans from what u say but get in touch with the guys again if it persists, gud luk
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator