Status Pickup Comparison

Last updated on 13 years ago
P
Proton Lenny
Posted 13 years ago
I'm not sure if this topic has been covered multiple times before. I tried searching but I couldn't find what I was looking for. So if it has, just point me to said thread and I will cease to write here.

Anyway, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to try a Status locally, so I'm left with asking you fine people questions. I'm just trying to figure out what Status Soapbars sound like in general. I understand that the body wood, strings, player, amp, etc. will all alter the sound, but any description will help. I'd prefer a description of the pickups with the EQ set flat. Obviously with EQ one an alter the sound dramatically.

So what is their general character? Are they an even responding pickup? Have any major frequency bumps? How do they compare to EMG's, Bartolini's, etc.? Are they warm, brittle, etc?

I know these descriptions and terms will be REALLY subjective, but like I said above, any info from you all will be most appreciated. I've listened to quite a few sound samples, youtube videos, and the such. The neck pickup definitely sounds like it can do a nice, fat P-esque tone. And obviously they can do the Mark King scooped slap vibe. But what else? How is the Bridge pickup soloed?

Also, if anyone has coil taps installed, I'd love to know what their tapped vibe is like. I play a Ritter with Jens's MasterBar pickups for a reference. I've also played EMG's and an Ibanez in the past with Bartolini's. I'll stop blabbering now, any comments would be appreciated.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
When I was doing my project 'P'bass I considered putting status p bass pick ups in, I compared them to other similar products out there. In the end I went for Seymour Duncan bass lines, cost wise they were cheaper with comparable windings on the pu's. I have no doubt the Status ones would have been great but this time round another product won me due to cost.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator